My seedling has stopped growing - Help me please!

Sorry guys, I haven't been able to post for the last week or so, but I'm back now.

So at this point in time my baby blue seedling that I posted about on day 8 (because it had stopped growing on day 5) is now on day 21, and shown little to no signs of growth since. As far as watering, on day 11 I gave it a good flush, and then waited until it was dry again again (about day 19) to give her another good flush. It is now day 21, and she may be growing slightly, but she is growing extremely slowly. The lower cotelydons and even the other 4 leaves look somewhat yellow. (I was away from my home from about day 14 to 19 and left the plants in the window getting good sun but only for about 12 hours a day. When I got back I could note just the slightest bit of difference in the size of the second set of real leaves. As I said before, it is starting to look somewhat yellow.

I have also started an Auto Ak, which is now on day 12, and is looking really great (especially next to the autoblue) besides the fact that it too is starting to yellow a bit.

Here are some pics of the Auto Blue (day 21)
bb_4_1.JPG
bb_3_3.JPG
bb_2_7.JPG
bb_1_1.JPG

If you at the first picture that I started this thread with, you will see that the plant has basically grown little to nothing for about 15 days, and is also showing some yellowing.

My AutoAK looks much better, and from what I see look about right for day 12, but is also showing some yellowing, take look:
ak_4_2.JPG
ak_3_4.JPG
ak_2_6.JPG

What could be making both of these turn yellow? What is wrong with my AutoBlue?? All thoughts are welcome. Thanks!

Looks like N deficiency to me, two of my plants had the same problem, no growth and slowly turning yellow. I let the pot dry out a bit and when that did nothing, I added some N via FF Grow Big. After about a week they started back up and while they are still the runts they are now performimg well. Try a little N, not too much, and see how it responds.

Check out my grow. On 8-29-2013, I was dealing with the waterlogging and you can see the beginnings of the yellowing, that was 23 days after the start of germination. They really hadn't changed much from a week earlier on 08-22-2013. Five days later, I gave them some FF Grow Big and two days after that, on 09-05-2013, you can see that they are already starting to respond. On 09-16-2013, 11 days later, the last picture shows these two plants after overcoming the N-deficiency. My next update will show even more improvement for these two plants. And this was in soil that supposedly had enough nutrients to feed my plants for two months.

ColoradoHigh,

Thanks for showing me your grow. It seems like in your case, the nitrogen helped. I have BIO BIZZ Bio Bloom which I understand is high in nitrogen, but I am scared to use it because I feel like the autoblue stopped growing around the first time that I introduced it to the plant (2 mls per liter at about 8 days) using about 1 third of the liter.

Would you recommend Bio Bloom in this situation with the plant being so small still? If so, how much per liter, and how much of that water-nutrient would you feed at a time?

I would love to get suggestions from as many people as possible before making a move. Thanks everybody!

Bio Bizz Bio Bloom (1.1-2.5-2) is relatively low on N, much like FF Big Bloom (0.1-0.3-0.7) which I gave to my plants at first. When the yellowing got worse, I decided to try Grow Big (6-4-4) and it turned out that was what they needed. While I'm new to cannabis growing, I've been gardening for the majority of the last 30 years and your plants have the classic symptoms of N-deficiency. I would try something with a higher percentage of N, you can cut the dosage in half if you want but IMHO they do need some N soon.

Colorado,

I've taken your advice and fed my autoblue plant (22 days) but have decided to hold off for another week or so for the autoak which is only on day 13. I realized that what I have i have is not Bio Bloom, but rather Bio Grow which is indeed high in nitrogen. (From what I've read). I diluted 2 mls in 1 liter and fed it about half of the liter. I'm about to put the plants outside for the day and am feeling very hopeful and positive.

Would you say that what I fed was too much, too little, or about right? Thanks again for all your help!

Bio Grow (2-0.1-6) is higher in N and that should do the trick. Your dosage is right at the BB recommendation of 5-10 mls/gallon or 1.25-2.5 mls/quart. It'll take a few days to a week to see the results, any faster and you risk shocking your plant. Patience is the key here and time will tell how your plant responds to this treatment. I really thought my two runts were doomed but after the initial 2 weeks of failing to thrive, they've come around and I'm sure yours will as well. :goodluck:

ColoradoHigh,

Do you think that my AutoAK is old enough for some nutrients as well. It's looking like she may be up for a watering tomorrow, and I'm wondering if I shouldn't go ahead and give her some nitrogen love as well. She is definitely yellowing, and seems as though her growth may also be slowing. She is only 13 days old however.

Thoughts people?

Hi Chile 420. Just stopped by for an update. Understand if your busy, but still interested in the health and progress of your girls when you have a moment.

Hey Guys,

I am sorry that I have been gone for so long! After a bunch of less than ideal situations with my first two seedlings, I decided to start a new grow. Things are going much better, but I definitely still need tips, advice, feedback, and help. Please come check out my new grow and let me know what you think!! here it is:

I look forward to hearing from you all!

Chile 420

Re: My seedling has stopped growing at 5 days! Please Help!

I am a new grower, only for myself no sales or gifts. I've had am am having the same problem with a new seeding. The pictures are the same as what mine look like. The plant doesn't die and doesn't grow. It's been almost 2 weeks, just stays there. I have been fighting a heat problem 90 -100 F, but a second plant is growing in this heat. They were transplanted in jiffy pots with the bottom cut out. I'm using a Pro Grow 180 led, with 100 watt cfl. I think I shocked this plant with the transplant and excessive heat. Since I'm very poor I can afford to just throw it away. I've cut out the cfl and raised the led, still temp is around 88 f. How long should I wait, it's no dying?

I am having exactly the same problem, my plant looks identical to the one in the photo and has from day 7 through to now day 22. I am growing in a fridge box grow space, lighting with 2 small LED tubes and 3 LED bulbs on 18 hours / day. This is my first grow and my little girl is Northern Light Autoflowering Femanized. I am maintaining temp around 26 Celsius. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry guys, I haven't been able to post for the last week or so, but I'm back now.

So at this point in time my baby blue seedling that I posted about on day 8 (because it had stopped growing on day 5) is now on day 21, and shown little to no signs of growth since. As far as watering, on day 11 I gave it a good flush, and then waited until it was dry again again (about day 19) to give her another good flush. It is now day 21, and she may be growing slightly, but she is growing extremely slowly. The lower cotelydons and even the other 4 leaves look somewhat yellow. (I was away from my home from about day 14 to 19 and left the plants in the window getting good sun but only for about 12 hours a day. When I got back I could note just the slightest bit of difference in the size of the second set of real leaves. As I said before, it is starting to look somewhat yellow.

I have also started an Auto Ak, which is now on day 12, and is looking really great (especially next to the autoblue) besides the fact that it too is starting to yellow a bit.

Here are some pics of the Auto Blue (day 21)
bb_4_1.JPG
bb_3_3.JPG
bb_2_7.JPG
bb_1_1.JPG

If you at the first picture that I started this thread with, you will see that the plant has basically grown little to nothing for about 15 days, and is also showing some yellowing.

My AutoAK looks much better, and from what I see look about right for day 12, but is also showing some yellowing, take look:
ak_4_2.JPG
ak_3_4.JPG
ak_2_6.JPG

What could be making both of these turn yellow? What is wrong with my AutoBlue?? All thoughts are welcome. Thanks!
When marijuana sprouts stop growing during sprouts change light timing to much photosynthesis too much light on the plant... The sprout is asking to sleep and grow with the light off at times...

Back
Top Bottom