My Vegetative Hydroponic Rooting Machine

Greensleeves420

Hello friends,
I wanted to share with you, my modified Ebb & Flow concept, rooting machine. My machine reduces the amount of time it takes to get massive root growth out of your mesh pots. Basically is Ebb & Flow, but instead of the plants being planted straight i to the rocks, there are 6" cyclinders that the mesh pots sit in that are surrounded by and kept in place with rocks. So when the planter fills with water, the cylinders fill with water, when the water empties back down, the cylinders empty as the mesh pots remain suspended in air. This maximum air time makes the roots grow quickly and sice the roots remain suspended in air, (not grown into the rocks) it makes for a simple transplant.

When transplanting clones to mesh pots and straight to a DWC Bucket, there is too much water to make root growth happen quickly. I mean it happens, but it takes 2 weeks in DWC what takes 5 days in this machine.

The goal is to have a full and healthy root system, BEFORE going into the DWC bucket.....Because once a big root system is established DWC IS THE BOMB.
20190420_104810~2.jpg20190420_104756_HDR~2.jpgCapture+_2019-04-20-11-18-28.pngCapture+_2019-04-20-11-17-43.pngCapture+_2019-04-20-11-16-57.png

That's Incredible Modern hippy dad! I was thinking about making something very similar.
So you are rooting clones directly in hydroton? I want to do this :)
A few questions:

1. How long do you root for to get them that big?
2. Do you use clonex gel?
3. Do you use feed, or ph balance tap water? (what ec?)
4. what flood drain schedule do you like?

The design I was thinking about would use the tote top to hold up the net pots, and eliminate the hydroton outside the net pot.... My theory is that its more feed, but less cleaning---

Really cool stuff!

Also, Have you tried flowering with this or similar system?
Seems like it would work like a charm -

I would love to see a side by side comparison this ebb & Flo "rooter' vs DWC.

Really cool man! thanks again for sharing.

That's Incredible Modern hippy dad! I was thinking about making something very similar.
So you are rooting clones directly in hydroton? I want to do this :)
A few questions:

****I first use a homemade Aerocloner, then I transplant to 1.5" rockwool cubes., then transplant to 4" cubes, then when rooted nicely, add to baskets with a little hydroton at the bottom and packed in the sides.

1. How long do you root for to get them that big?
******I dont understand this question

2. Do you use clonex gel?
****I use Roottek gel and clonex solution in my rez

3. Do you use feed, or ph balance tap water? (what ec?)
*****Always ph to yor level last. Clonex with water is enough food for babies, until they start growing.

4. what flood drain schedule do you like?
**** This is experimental. At first, I do maybe 2 / day. Once roots ate happening, you can add 1 cycle per day.
The design I was thinking about would use the tote top to hold up the net pots, and eliminate the hydroton outside the net pot.... My theory is that its more feed, but less cleaning---

*** Ya the hydroron was really just to hold the 6" pipes in place.

I won't use this system again as is. Its a pain in the ass.
Really cool stuff!

Back
Top Bottom