Need a little t5 advice please

raisingcain

What's up 420!
So last year I lucked out and had a good run starting my seedlings outside but this year I wanted to start them a little early so I bought a 2 ft t5 fixture for my seedlings. The root popped yesterday and I'm setting things up in a humidity dome.
Question 1: how high should I set the lights from the plants? There is a 4 inch gap from the top of the containers they're in to the top of the plastic dome.
Question 2: 16/8-18/6 or 24/0 light schedule? These are Carmelo seeds btw

Thx in advance

Noob here, Ive asked this many times, same answer....So I used the advice and worked great so far. I have the t5 fixture 2 2ft bulbs myself. Get it as close to the top of the humidity dome as you can, I waited about 5 days after it sprouted and removed the dome top, kept them under than for a total of 2 weeks, then moved them under my 600w MH...and I used 18/6 light cycle. Been told by many experienced growers that a little rest is great for your seedlings if your not in any hurry, patience is virtue. Good luck man and start a journal so we can follow...check out mine, has all the info I just gave you with pics....:Namaste:

I am a total noob with only one outdoor grow up my sleeve. Embarking on a journey of indoor grow experiences and had planned on a small stealthy LED grow but my LED light may not do the trick(only 25W full spec supergro Halo)...or may need to be further away from my plant than my 1m high box will allow. Going to experiment around a bit but just in case, I also just bought myself a T5 setup.

it's a set of 2ft lights that can be joined in circuits of 4 bulbs i.e up to 2 sets of 4 x 2 ft 24W 6400k bulbs. Thought would keep one circuit spare and use one of the 4 bulb sets as only light for one plant in a small box. Unlike my LED (which i'll still have to play around with), it seems like i'll need to have these fairly close to the plant. Not planning on using a humidity box so I reckon i'll start several inches away and work it out from there.

Also considered mounting them up the wall in a vertical hang but further reading seems to favour the overhead light which makes sense to me in the sense that the leaves are designed to grab light predominately from above, not the side.

T5 is ok supplemental lightning in bloom but kind of a waste in my experience. I strictly use t5 in veg over 150 bulbs I run.

I'd recommend getting your t5 right above the dome

I'm on my first auto as well. Right now she gets about 23.5 hrs of light.I shut off to mist my soil.

Once I move it by itself under my 1000 watt hps in my seed breeding room it will be on 18/6

DSC_2908.JPG

It's roughly a foot from bulb

Back
Top Bottom