Need help growing outdoors

reidy2018

420 Member
Hi everyone need some advise I ordered some redhaired skunk seeds regular seeds got some nice soil prepared dug some hug holes in ground 9 sprouted up within three weeks they went into flower in summer time I'm in Australia seeds come from Amsterdam seed bank I got one male and one female to breed the female for seed over the last week the male was full of nut sacks a nice looking male to breed with looked at it today I've never seen this before a male plant what has turned female , the female plant is still ok it has not changed , what is the cause of the male turning female

Here, have a few periods: . . . . :rolleyes:

The usual reasons for opposite-sex flowers are extreme stress, allowing a plant to continue flowering way past its natural end-of-life (I probably could have worded that one better, but assume you understand what I mean), or just being a hermaphrodite.

Unless you've been stressing it out (for example, hitting it with light during its dark cycle), I'd tend to assume it's a shim and not use it to breed with.

If it happens to more than one of your plants, consider writing the strain off altogether in regards to breeding (or, at the very least, that batch of seeds). But the occasional hermaphrodite can appear without being indicative of this. Ya pays yer money, ya takes yer chances, I guess.

Thanks for the reply I'll try not to stress them out next , question to ask this is the first time this has happened with breeding two plants running out of seed since one is half female male a herbie plant cross with a female will the seed be no good or could i get seed breed with a true male and female to get the good seed again the strain is red haired skunk or is all lost I'm just lost for words on what to do or should I order some more seeds and start again

Back
Top Bottom