Need lighting help

infantry0303

I am new to this and I have seen alot of arguements over CFL lighting. I have done alot of reading on them for growing and have decided to use them. The only thing I have not found is how many watts I need per plant. I have bought 3 of the 4 foot long florecent light set with 2 bulbs each. Each has 2 40watt grow lights in it. How many plants will that support?

I don't want people being neg. on this thread just please help with the info. If you don't like using cfls and think it is wrong please keep it to your self. I know of alot of people that have used them to grow diffrent garden plants and worked great.

I am new to this and I have seen alot of arguements over CFL lighting. I have done alot of reading on them for growing and have decided to use them. The only thing I have not found is how many watts I need per plant. I have bought 3 of the 4 foot long florecent light set with 2 bulbs each. Each has 2 40watt grow lights in it. How many plants will that support?

I don't want people being neg. on this thread just please help with the info. If you don't like using cfls and think it is wrong please keep it to your self. I know of alot of people that have used them to grow diffrent garden plants and worked great.

Ooh rah?

Look through many of the grow journals and you will see alot of cfl grows, many types, sizes and configurations, that is up to you. If memory serves me correct you want a daylight for the veg 2700k or so and for flower a 6500k or better and you should add a bulb a fixture of the daylight 2700k to get a mix of light, plant wise depends on want you are growing and what you are looking for in the plant.
What are the lumen output on the bulbs? I would say for 6 4ft flouros you could get 6 or 8 plants under it and get a decent yield mind you, you will not have 3 ft tall plants but you could flower them after 4 weeks veg and turn out a harvest in 12 weeks depending on strain. It could also be less if you runn double the plants and lessen the veg time, may get a little more never know, this site has a wealth of info use it as a reseach tool. There are alot of good grower's indoors and out, Peace OG.

OG thanks and please bare with me as I am new to all this. I should of put all the info in at the start!!!
Lights specs. Approx Color 6280 Kelvin, Color rendering index 94.5, Photopic Lumens 2100 They say it is engineered to reproduce all the colors and balance of natural light.
Plants.
I am growing Widow Bomb, White Widow X Big Bud 5 of each
I am growing in MG potting soil
They are seedlings that are about a week old around 4-5 inches high with a total of 4 leafs on the top I am waiting on them to fall over due to so top heavy and stalk so small.
Light cycle is 18 hours on 6 hours off
temp is 75 Deg.

Back
Top Bottom