Needing A few Tips

ashwee

Ok I so I was wondering what I could improve upon. I have vegged them for about 4-5 weeks. And now switched over to flower 7 days ago. This is my first ever grow indoor so go easy on me lol!

Light spec.'s: 8, 23w/100w equivalent cfl soft white bulbs. with small fan to keep the girls cool.

Closet Space: 2ft deep x 4ft wide

Strains: (1) blue og, (1) bubblegummer, (1) white widow x big bud, (1) c99. ALL from seeds.

Nutes: every other watering I water with: fox farm's 4 tablespoons big bloom, 1 teaspoons grow big, 2-3 teaspoons tiger bloom, 1 drop superthrive, 1 teaspoon cal-mg and 1 tablespoon organic cane sugar in 1 gallon container. When I just water its plain ro water with 1 teaspoon cal-mg and 1 drop superthrive in 1 gal.

Soil: The soil kind of sucks its VERY sandy and is just regular soil we use on the farm with some fruit compost mixed in 70/30 mix ratio.

Problems/questions: My bubblegummer is sooo tiny and small the plants are easily 2 or 3 times the size of it. my tallest is the white widow at 31 in. And this isn't really a problem but I would love to know how to get nice thick colas Maybe a different nute I could add or something to improve on else where to get a big yeild. I am aware of the reputation that cfls have but its all I can afford to run. Oh another question! What is the cheaspest kind of light to run? cfl, hps, induction? Also would have to stay cool by itself... kinda lol.

PICTURES:

re: Needing A few Tips

CFLs are fine - on the box they will list the lumens and color - the 'warm white' you described is a color rating - you want to check the Kelvin (K) rating of the bulb's color - you should use 2800/3600K OR 5500 to 6500K bulbs - those are the red and blue spectrums. Not all CFLs are the same.

The plants look fine to me - the bubblegum could be small due to genetics, not all plants will have the same yield. There could be issues - root damage, soil too cold - but you will have other signs in the leaf.

Expect the plants to grow another 1.5 to 2 feet in flower, space accordingly or bend.

if you think the soil is crappy, it probably is, it needs to breath for the roots, drain easily to avoid root rot, and not out of balance in nutes. At the least you need to test your soil, at the easiest - you buy bagged soil like Fox Farm's Happy Frog or Ocean forest.

DN

FYI - the C99 is the shit, you really should clone it before you switch to 12/12 ; )

I am still looking for C99+grapefruit - it was tasty..

DN

And ok sounds good :) And another 1.5 to 2 ft?! no way! Im so used to growing out door and none of them really grow much when they flower( could just be my strains). Right now I am only running the "red colored cfls and am due to get the "blue" colored ones soon. That bubblegummer just gave me the fits from seed was the slowest to sprout and the slowest for everything else lol. Thanks so much for your words!!!

yes it depends on the strain - I saw indicas grow about 1 more foot, but my sativas can grow 1.5 to 2 foot more in height.
It might be the use of lower power light - the CFL - you might see more dramatic growth under HID lights.

Growing outdoors is different and less dramatic - the light is gradually reducing - from vegging into flower - ie 18 hours of daylight one day, 17.5 of light next few days, then 16 hours of light, then 15.. - etc - in the indoor grow room - the change is more dramatic as you directly switch from 18/6 to 12/12 - in one day! Maybe its a growth spurt left over from the last 18 hour cycle.

DN

wow I never thought about that! how outside is gradual and indoor is more instant. So funny the two sativa dom strains I have are super tall! darn indicas lol but man the blue og is topping out great :).

Back
Top Bottom