New 4x4 room in progress

spindoctor69

Ok..I am new to this..and this is my first post..I'm building a 4x4 room.and I was wondering what you guys think. I got 3-4x8 mirror's from an old karate dojo. i was thinking of using as the inside walls i had 3 t5 flour. 4-2ft lights givin to me that i would hang vertical on the walls.also the walls are insulated with r-15 insulation. and i have 6" chacoal filter 6" inline fan and was thinking of ordering and led for ny main horizantol light(main source) i have 220 outlet beside room if that would be of any use..i have a white rubber lined floor with a 1 1/2 fall with a drain just in case some gets spilled. can anyone tell me if this is an ok setup or not and what size and the best LED i would need. i think it sounds good anyway..:thanks:

The mirrors and insulation are not the greatest of ideas. Mirrors will not reflect the light optimally and will create hot spots. Flat white wall paint or Mylar of some type will perform much better. Insulation will hold the heat in. Unless you are growing in an attic in the desert where the temps outside of the room will be 85+ degrees and you have an a/c in the grow area do not use the insulation. You want as much heat as possible to escape the grow area. (It might not be a bad idea to have the insulation for the winter time.)

As for lighting, you need to know how much of your grow area will actually have plant cover. If you are going to have 1 foot around the outside of the plants to walk around, your actual grow area is 2x3 (so you can walk in a U shape around the plants). If you are filling the whole area you need to cover the whole area with lights. A good practice is 75 watts per square foot of CFLs, 50 Watts per square foot of HPS, or 35 watts per square foot of a high quality LED. These are the min you want for each of these light types in the flowering phase. It is generally better to have more smaller lights with LEDs than 1 or 2 large panels to cover a bigger area. Read SteveHman's LED buyers guide for an explanation of the third off effect with LED lighting.

Back
Top Bottom