New 'Gas And Grass' Gas Stations Will Sell Medical Marijuana In Colorado

Jacob Redmond

Imagine going to the gas station to fill up, going inside and being able to buy medical marijuana.

That's exactly what people in the springs are going to be able to do starting in October.

Native Roots is set to open up two Gas and Grass locations.

One will be on Academy Blvd. and Galley and the other near Uintah and N. 17th Street.

The combination of a gas station and medical marijuana is a first and started conversation about the pros and cons of the idea.

The locations will have everything normal gas stations have, just with medical marijuana for patients with a card.

"We figured this gave the opportunity to potentially take a stop off their trips and give them one more opportunity to shop with us." said Native Roots Spokesman Dave Cuesta.

Some are impressed by the idea.

"Kinda continues the convenience store with everything one stop shopping and I don't see a problem with that," said Phillip Besaw.

While some people said they like the idea of being able to fill up and get their medical marijuana at the same place, others are not so keen on the idea.

"I don't really like it. I rather not have it be that way. Ultimately though it's going to be how it's going to be," said Tyler Harris.

"You're not allowed to smoke in our centers ever. That is a state law, its local laws. There's many many rules and regulations that prohibit any on site consumption," said Cuesta.

"I don't think it should be any more of a concern than going to a liquor store and buying a bottle of booze right there. You have just as much accessibility to drink it in your car than you do at home, so it just has to be on the responsibility of the person to be honest and responsible and not do stuff like that," said Besaw.

Native Roots said public safety is their priority.

They said they educate their customers on the laws of smoking and driving.

Both locations will open in October.

16007.jpg

News Moderator: Jacob Redmond 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: New 'Gas And Grass' Gas Stations Will Sell Medical Marijuana In Colorado
Author: Kody Fisher
Photo Credit: Full Contact Electrical

Back
Top Bottom