New grow - LED grow room - Ventilation & circulation questions

6ofOne

Hello all. New grower here and I could use some help with my new room

I am planning on using all LED as I don't want to deal with the heat and increased electricity bills from the traditional lights/hoods. I know my yields maybe less with the LED but I'm ok with that.

So my question is. Do I still need to bring in fresh air from the outside if using LED? I would like to set up a CO2 system and this would be counter productive if I did have to bring in fresh air. How much fresh air or exchange is needed in a grow room if heat is not an issue? I will have an AC that will kick on if needed but it's a portable one so it will just exhaust hot air out and recirculate the air inside. I am sure there will be passive negative air that leaks in when AC is on. Is this enough?

What are your thoughts on what is needed for air exchange in a LED set up?

I would like to clean the air from the smell. Would a carbon filter do any good if it just is recirculating the air inside the grow room?

Last question is what is the best Automated CO2 system that you all like to use. Or what is our method of regulating the CO2

Thanks for the great resource and help

6 of One.

You will need amble ventilation if you plan on using any of the mars hydro lights .
I have a pro series 160 and it gets pretty hot. Now some of the more expensive leds don't get hot ..

Sent from my SM-P600 using 420

I will be purchasing an amare technologies Solar eclipse 250 this week ..pretty excited about it .

Thank you for the replies. I will have a portable Ac that is vented to the outside. I'm guessing when it turns on it will draw enough through the negative draw to keep a good exchange.

I ordered my Co2 sylinoid and controller this evening. I don't want to big of an exchange or that system will be useless.

I'm looking forward to seeing this room come together. I've done a lot more reading on here and I'm thinking I'm on the right track.

Let us know how you like the LED you guys are buying. Will you do any supplemental red or blue during veg or flower?

Hey 6ofOne...

I'm using "daylight" bulbs and a red/blue LED grow lamp.... Setting up the tent this week, so let you know how it works... I've got only seedlings at the mo that are about 2" high and the first set of leaves are appearing.

Here is the grow light I'm using:

51ge3X-Ck8L.jpg

Hi BIker bear
Thank you for the post. How many plants will be doing under that set up? It sounds like yours are starting off great. Are you doing autos or normals? I will be doing all autos.

I've read that the red/blue bulbs do help with the veg and flower. Who Makes your bulbs?

When I finally get my grow going I will post the light details I'm using and post how they all do.

Please do the same with yours.

No I don't think I'll need any supplemental lighting with the amare panel .
Even with my mars pro epi 160 I don't see a need for any supp lighting .

I run autos .. right now I have 1 nLxbb 2 auto bombs and 1 auto ultimate all under the mars pro 160 in a 2x3 closet

Res I too will be running autos.

Either of you guys running supplemental CO2?

No man I can't afford it right now ..
Plus I've done some reading on c02 with leds and something about the lower temps with leds compared to hids does something . Kinda useless is what I got out of it .

Back
Top Bottom