New Grower! Need Help!

D_Boi_317

Alright, well I have the first step of growing marijuana down. I germinated the seeds, and I've planted them with Miracle Gro potting soil. I put the seeds in the soil while the soil was wet. Also, I'm using a regular light bulb, like for your room light. Would this light work, or would I have to buy a special light?

I plan on moving my plant outside, I'm just getting it started as of now. If you have anymore suggestions on what I should do, please list them.

Re: New Grower!!!! Need Help!!!

i see some problems with this plan right now. 1) regular lights will not grow mary jane so you need to go and buy some floros... compact if you can and use that instead of the regular bulb. 2) its a WEEEE bit late to be starting anything outdoors unless you're somewhere thats not the US. If you're planting outside you need to start them around may or so.

i generally like to have my about 4 feet in veg still before popin em outside, not to mention i think the us should ban that crap they call miracle grow, if ur gonna use miracle grow, at least condition the soil first. i use black forest for that. honestly i would flush the crap out of miracle grow to leach out the chems, then do the soil conditioner, or simply buy non chem soil medium, black gold is the choice of winners for outdoors. mainly why u cant grow during the winter, obviously the cold. so if ur naturally at a warmer climate, or near the equator, your not gonna have many problems.

I have to agree with Dank closet. Miracle grow soil is a bad Idea, or any miracle grow products. Don't buy any soil with a timed release fertilizer. Just get professional grade soil with no ferts. And go pick up some compact flourecents they work pretty well for vegging. Just make sure to keep them close to them or they will stretch, but not too close!

Thanx for the advice. So what soil would be best. I think somebody mentioned "Black Forest?" In a post above? And where I could get the lights at? Hardware stores....?

Imo, the best potting soil is Fox Farms Ocean and Forest. But it's expensive.
If you can't afford it, look for potting soil that has organic nutrients, like bat/bird guano, seaweed/kelp, worm castings, perlite, hydrated lime and mychorrizae.

You need to go to either a large nursery or growshop.

Btw, if you have plans to put them outside at any time before next May, forget about it.
Ain't gonna work. MJ needs to veg in more than 14 hrs. light per 24, that ain't gonna happen until next May.

But want you want to do right now is to read. Read a grow book asap.

i couldnt agree more, the season has definatly moved on without ya lol, so best thing to do is definatly know what your going to do, know how about doing it, and then when the time is right, do it. knowlage is power my friend.

Back
Top Bottom