New Grower needs help

linuxgizmo

Hey guys, been checkin out the site, thought i'd post a question.

Been in flowering cycle for about 1 week now, plant has begun to show its sex, no buds forming yet. is this normal? i understand the amount of light it gets will control how fast the flowers form but anybody have a rough idea on how soon this part will begin? also the bigger fan leaves have begun to wilt a little bit but not too bad i'd imagine this is because the energy is starting to go into budding more than veging. thanks for all your help and happy growing!

If theyre are pistils showing, you got girls. Give it another 2 weeks and you should have some little buds going. The flowering process can last from 8-10 weeks. Hope this helped.

Random Question: Do you "blow" air out your carbon filter?? I've heard this can be done.

yep i blow it thru the filter because the room is too small for the filter to sit inside, also because i didnt read the directions when setting it up. however it seems to work fine, no smells so far though the smelly part has just begun ;) the only downfall to this is the white sub filter on the outside wont be able to scrub all the smaller particles that will clog the filter faster other than that i see no reason why it wont work just as well. that zoomed in pic was supposed to show the 2 little pistil hairs but it went out of focus ; ; thanks for the info tho

Info on the system for those interested

just a 2 foot by 2 foot box thats about 3 feet high

on the back are 2 4 " dryer flanges that allow air to flow one way only, the bottom one allows air in the top one vents to the filter.

inline between the top hose and the carbon filter is a 4" inline duct fan that runs 24/7 moving air, very quiet

the carbon filter itself was 150 bucks had to pick it up from a hydro shop, as well as the light which is a 95 watt vitalume full spectrum daylight compact flourescent. everyone says HPS is the way to go unfortunately i dont pay the light bill and had to keep the usage way down.

other than that tho everything i used can be picked up at the home depot or a lowes store.

the seed itself is one of 20 i brought back from the Cannibus Cup exposition (they were handing them out) when I went over to judge the 2005 cannibus cup in Amsterdam :cool:

Back
Top Bottom