New smoking tools

Bruce Wheelman

Legal Advisor
420 Staff
Due to a rash of glass breakage in my house the past few days (managed to break my pipe and bong), I'm heading down to the smoke shop tomorrow with the intent of purchasing the following:

Vape: Thinking Volcano (digi) or VaporTower (Didn't like the materials on the Herbal Aire as much). Might also consider an iolite in future for travel if I find vapes work for me (supposed to be a huge matter of preference between vape and smoking)

Bong: 5mm glass beaker w/o percs (too hard to keep clean), plus diffuser downstem, carbon filter, and possibly ash catcher w/perc (easier to clean an ash catcher). The downstem/ash catcher/slide seem to be VERY long and a probable source of breakage on the newer bongs. My old one was glass, but had a downstem similar to an acrylic bong. Roor, Pure, and Zob come to mind, but I'd take opinions.

Pipe: Just a nice "weighty" piece that fits my hand - that's always been a criteria for me, the way it feels - you can always find a color scheme you like.

Opinions on Bongs and Vapes are welcome. This is going to be an expensive trip - looks like Santa comes early. I already know to avoid cheap import glass - I think my local shop only carries US glass. I feel like a kid again - have not considered spending this much at a smoke shop since I first got to college and headed to the headshop for a bong, pipe, and several misc accessories. Pix once I get the new toys

Had my Herbalair for at least 3 years, nothing ever broken, I do not like bagging and prefer a whip, which I have extended it. Why blow twice a much or more on a Volcano, if you don't know if you will like vaping in the first place?

Looks interesting. I might get one.

Still working out the initial "issues" with my Volcano. Not sure if it's a keeper - I'll give it a month or so before deciding. For now, I only use it a little and keep going back to smoking. Old habits die hard (and I am not, nor ever was a cigarette smoker). :peace:

Trying to decide if old bong will be "good enough" if I replace downstem with diffy or maybe even go glass-on-glass - just can't do ice since the tube is too narrow for cubes. Either that or I found a nice 7mm ZOB and 5mm ROORs for under $150 (no percs).

Also picked up a nice glass pipe - unfortunately when I got it home, I found a hairline crack in it - looks like the crack a marble gets. Not sure if it will break there or not, so I still haven't smoked in it yet. Might try taking it back to the shop I got it at - even though they have a no refund policy...maybe an exchange for a good customer (I did purchase the 'cano).

As far as vaporizers go, da Buddha is amazing. It's not as good as the volcano but I believe it's the next best thing. For only $160 it's got a much better value. It's very efficient,sturdy, easy to use and will save u quite a bit of money. If u order it from their website ul get a nice protective bag for free. Def worth looking into. I hope I helped :)

I just got a vapor genie last wk, I'm still not sure about it seems to work but I still miss the cloud of smoke and not having to hold that lighter till my hand burns !!

Ive had my Herbal Aire for a while now (almost a year) and i love it. I just use the whip but i know of a friend who has one and replaced the fan inside his with a pet store aquarium one and man, it fills bags in under a minute now.

Nothings ever broken, and its real easy to get the hang of.

Also, we had heard that it can take volcano left over and get vape out of it, so we tried it out and it worked, not like, super thick vape, or even medium vape, but enough that the bowl full was gonna get us in a good mood.

I totally recommend the herbal aire, good price, works great.

Pipe: Just a nice "weighty" piece that fits my hand - that's always been a criteria for me, the way it feels - you can always find a color scheme you like.

There is definitely something that feels cheap about overly light pipes. While it isn't something we originally planned during the design stage we lucked out when we settled on our final design as our pipe weighs in at right around 7 ounces because we use stainless steel instead of cheap aluminum. 7 is just enough to let you know its there in your pocket with out being annoyingly heavy when you're moving around.

Best of luck on your purchase(s)

-Cheers

Back
Top Bottom