Not sure how to tell when to flush with water..

GreenThumbsUp

I know it's 1-2 weeks, but I'm not sure when a plant is 2 weeks away. :p

My first guess is that if 80% of the bud hairs are red is approximately "ready", then is 50% flushin time? :)

Heh, any tricks or tips appreciated!

So, I guess it's just one of those things you get a feeling for with practice and can't be explained well? LOL

My dillema is due to growing aeroponically for the first time. The speed of growth and development of the plants is 2x or more faster than outside, so all my instincts are just confused as hell, LOL. If I were outside, I'd have a better feel. But I swear, the time between 50% red hairs and 80% is going to go in like a week if ripening speed is accelerated like growth has been.

Ah well, I'll make my best guess and let you guys know if I think I did it right. :)-~

noobie97 said:
I think you should flush in the last 2 weeks my man.
Yeah, that part I get. what I don't get, is how do I know when I'm 2 weeks away, as opposed to 1 or 3 so I don't start too early or too late...?

heh heh

I start the sixth week of flower for most my grows and yes 50% amber pistols. I do a little sooner cause when they change they change fast. As long as your flushing with ph adjusted water. The plant can be flushed for up to three weeks or more. I do 1 to 2 weeks. I always have a few late plants,
makes it easier to trim one a night so I harvest one a night at the end.
You might get some yellowing in the leaves when you flush for longer than a week or two.

Ah cool, thanks Urdedpal! :)

Well, yesterday marks exactly 2 months since I planted the seed. They started in 12/12 stage exactly three weeks after that (or they would have overgrown my chamber), so, next weekend or the one after is probably time to start flushing. What I'll be using most likely is water that is about 50 to 80 ppm that has a little calcium and magnesium salt added to it for flavor (yeah, it's bottled water...but I bought my girls the good stuff!). I think I'll also be putting Kool Bloom in the 3 weeks as well, it's supposed to help flush as well as help the essential oils and bud ripening process, etc.

Back
Top Bottom