Nutes, PH & Peroxide

Grim Reefer T

Hello, I have a very simple nute line up. I Use...

1) Earth Juice Grow or Bloom (Depending on cycle)

2) Vegan Compost Tea

3) Maxicrop Liquid Seaweed.

After I mix these in water i bubble that water for 24 hours to let PH fluctuate, chlorine evaporate and nutes mix. After that I get to play the PH down juggling act before finally putting my nutes in my water. (My PH is usally around 7.2 before adjustment)

I have a buddy who has found a combo so that after he mixes all his nutes his PH is spot on 6 every time and I am now determined to do the same thing. I wont switch to his nutes because I believe they are inferior chemicals. I was thinking of adding 35% Hydrogen Peroxide (Food Grade) which has a PH of 2.5 to my line up so that my PH would fall in line every time and I no longer would have to use PH up or down.

Does anyone have any thoughts on using Peroxide? Would it be a safe and effective way to regulate PH? As well as keep my roots clean and white. (The Seaweed massively darkens roots)

Ok, So I did some research and found several reasons why I should not mix Organic nutes with H202. in that case what can I use to accomplish 2 things.

1) Naturally lower PH

2) prevent root rot/ Bad bacteria / Fungus

Would Hygrozyme work?

1) You are using EJ nutes right? Why not use their natural PH down?

2) Lots of air stirring it up, no light, chilled water, proper PH range and hygrozme

None of the stores here carry Earth Juice's PH down. I dont get it. They have the entire line up but no PH adjust. I can have them order it but before I do that I wanted to find out if there was a Nute that would lower the PH as well as provide benefits.

Does Hygrozyme have a low PH? Also I have heard it can cause problems if temps run high and although I dont know the temp of my water my room is about 82 at its hottest point and 69 at its coolest.

I dont know how he does it. He uses Fish and Poop, Fox farm and something else and the PH is at 6 with no PH adjust everytime. I believe in the stuff I am using it has certainly proven itself to me I am just sick of playing games with the PH. I need to find a naturally low PH product to add to my lineup. Something that will prevent problems such as root rot and lower the PH. Any suggestions?

Try distilled white vinegar to lower pH and I'm currently using OregonismXL (by Roots Organic) in two hydro units (for only three days now) and my water is crystal clear with no foul odor and my roots are a nice pearly white... so far.

I'm running a journal of this particular grow: Prepara "Power Plant Mini" Gro w/Trainwreck clones.

We'll see how well this product works...

Back
Top Bottom