Nutes: when to start when growing from seed?

NorCAKnowYourGrow

My first year of growing with seed instead of clones. Not sure how big these little girls need to be to start getting some nute love?

My biggest girl is starting her second set of true leaves. The smallest just has the first leaves to emerge. I'm not sure what "Week 1" refers to - week one of seeing any leaves at all or week 1 is first set of TRUE leaves....or....?

I use Humboldt's Secret just for reference. I have Golden Tree, Base A and Base B.

Thanks.

Regardless of soil type, super soil excepted, you're training your plant to utilize nutrients. I use Fox Farms Happy Frog and when I started I waited 3 weeks to feed. Next grow I started feeding at the second set of real leaves and got much better results.

I backed up to one fed from 2nd set of leaves and one I waited for 3 weeks. The one I waited on was a runt compared to the early fed one.

What it boils down to is feed, feed, feed. As soon as you see yellow tips on the leaves back off feeding amount a little.

As mentioned Mega Crop is amazing and highly recommended but I'd keep Cal/mag around as well. Cal/mag 2/0/0 npk)

Back
Top Bottom