One surprise answer for wilting!

newgrowguy

As a newbie grower, I wanted to share this discovery with anyone it might help. Been dealing with my lone first plant for 3 weeks now. Talk about a rollercoaster! The plant looks great, the plant looks like its dying, great,dying, ugh! I have soil that drains very well, have only watered 2x/week when the soil is fairly dry 2 inches from surface. All measurable nutes are good, leaves looked great. Four days after last watering, plant looks wilted. OK, soil didn't seem too dry but wasn't really moist either. So I water it. Within 2 hours leaves are up, all is good with the world, again. Yea! That night leaves are drooping, sonofabitch! Now this one plant is in a large room, under HO flouros 2inches from plant tops, a ceiling fan circulating air and a box fan pulling air out of an open door. Average temps in the mid 70s. The humidity had climbed from about 50 to close to 80%. By the next morning it looks totally wilted. I could only think of one thing to do. I turned the box fan around so it was blowing gently on the plant from about 6 feet away. Within 3 hours the plant looks fantastic! Uneffinbelievable! I can see how new growers can end up overwatering and I still don't understand what actually occurred, but wanted to throw it out there. Good luck all.

Poor air circulation, causes a hot spot on the plants, plus no air movement between the leaves, you would wilt too if you were stuck under bright lights with no air movement.

Back
Top Bottom