Opinion needed on this LED shop fixture

pointer80

Hey all, I am still trying to pin down what lights I want to use to raise mother plants big enough to clone for this years outdoor growing season. My problem I am facing is I just ordered my seeds and they are going to take 10 to 15 days to arrive which I believe will be cutting it close for getting mother big enough to clone to be ready for outside when the weather is ready. I am worried my t-12 shop lights I use for veggie seedlings will not grow her big enough to clone in time? I found some 4 foot led shop lights that are rated at 5000k and 4500 lumens and was wondering if these would give better vegging results over my t-12 lights to get me where I need to be. (Also I could hang them in the basement when I was done with them). I could put plants out about the first of June in my area. Thanks all.

T12 horticultural bulbs are what were used twenty years ago by many for stealth grow ops. Today, I'd recommend even the the cheap LED grow lights available through on-line retailers over the T12s. The T12s go for about $15 USD each on-line, and the LED grow light bulbs run about same, but produce more usable light. You can get overnight shipping for these.

I've ordered LED grow lights from China, with free shipping by courier and had them arrive within a week. If you intend to keep the mothers indoors, I'd give that option serious consideration. This would give you a light you can use for several years, rather than retiring the fixture for shop use.

T12 horticultural bulbs are what were used twenty years ago by many for stealth grow ops. Today, I'd recommend even the the cheap LED grow lights available through on-line retailers over the T12s. The T12s go for about $15 USD each on-line, and the LED grow light bulbs run about same, but produce more usable light. You can get overnight shipping for these.

I've ordered LED grow lights from China, with free shipping by courier and had them arrive within a week. If you intend to keep the mothers indoors, I'd give that option serious consideration. This would give you a light you can use for several years, rather than retiring the fixture for shop use.
I was thinking the same thing. I think the ones I am looking at are a real good deal, What do you think about the 4500 lumens for growing seedlings into mothers? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom