Opinions on my grow plan

Danel18

I am new to this whole scene but I wanted to get some opinions on my plan, so I just want to start off with one plant. Is building a wooden container with holes on the top, 5 light bulbs, a small fan, and maybe a bowl of water sustainable, will it actually grow?

Theoretically this should work but you will need to make sure when the lights are off there is no light getting into the box. Also you will need air Exchange 24/7. You probably should give more details on actual size and actual light bulbs and wattage

Theoretically this should work but you will need to make sure when the lights are off there is no light getting into the box. Also you will need air Exchange 24/7. You probably should give more details on actual size and actual light bulbs and wattage
wouldn’t holes and a fan work for 24/7 air exchange and i have no exact light bulbs chosen all just theoretical rn

wouldn’t holes and a fan work for 24/7 air exchange and i have no exact light bulbs chosen all just theoretical rn
If there's holes in the Box that means you will have to throw a blanket over the box every night to keep light out. If there's a blanket over the holes how are you going to get air Exchange?

If there's holes in the Box that means you will have to throw a blanket over the box every night to keep light out. If there's a blanket over the holes how are you going to get air Exchange?
the room it’s in doesn’t have a lot of light

the room it’s in doesn’t have a lot of light
When the lights in the Box are turned off there cannot be any light at all going into the box from the room. If you can't solve that issue you might get a grow tent.

When the lights in the Box are turned off there cannot be any light at all going into the box from the room. If you can't solve that issue you might get a grow tent.
Can’t I also just have a blanket on top but have the blanket resting on top of stuff so there is room between the top of the box and the blanket

Can’t I also just have a blanket on top but have the blanket resting on top of stuff so there is room between the top of the box and the blanket
You probably could. If you don't approach this with some good planning in mind you're going to be in for a let down. Read through a lot of people's grow journals before doing anything and spending any money. I would hate for you to get into it a month or two and then realize the plant is stressed out big-time and unusable. Then you would have to start all over from the beginning. So my suggestion is plan it very well before starting.

Things to consider.

How many plants do you want to grow the first time and the next couple of times. I hate to see you buy a 2-foot by 2-foot tent and then in 6 months want to upgrade to a 4 by 4 tent.

If you want to keep it simple stay with soil instead of the other mediums out there.

Choose a simple nutrient system. I use Fox Farm Trio and Cal Mag. So I only have four bottles to worry about.

Consider what type of light to purchase that will get you through veg and Bloom. Some lights are cheap to purchase but run up the electric bill and really heat up the tent. Other lights are a little more expensive to purchase but are easier on the electric bill and produce less Heat. You can look through my first Journal and see what I did. I struggled over decision-making for a couple of weeks before I finally pulled the trigger on my setup. Space and money are two concerns when getting started.

You probably could. If you don't approach this with some good planning in mind you're going to be in for a let down. Read through a lot of people's grow journals before doing anything and spending any money. I would hate for you to get into it a month or two and then realize the plant is stressed out big-time and unusable. Then you would have to start all over from the beginning. So my suggestion is plan it very well before starting.
Things to consider.

How many plants do you want to grow the first time and the next couple of times. I hate to see you buy a 2-foot by 2-foot tent and then in 6 months want to upgrade to a 4 by 4 tent.

If you want to keep it simple stay with soil instead of the other mediums out there.

Choose a simple nutrient system. I use Fox Farm Trio and Cal Mag. So I only have four bottles to worry about.

Consider what type of light to purchase that will get you through veg and Bloom. Some lights are cheap to purchase but run up the electric bill and really heat up the tent. Other lights are a little more expensive to purchase but are easier on the electric bill and produce less Heat. You can look through my first Journal and see what I did. I struggled over decision-making for a couple of weeks before I finally pulled the trigger on my setup. Space and money are two concerns when getting started.
Do you think you can link it? and yeah i just don’t wanna spend too much money

Do you think you can link it? and yeah i just don’t wanna spend too much money
Link what? I understand about not wanting to spend much money but if you put in a lot of effort in Reading what to do and what not to do with your plant you can keep the cost low and still have a decent Harvest. But you have to study, this the plant is not going to do it on its own.

Link what? I understand about not wanting to spend much money but if you put in a lot of effort in Reading what to do and what not to do with your plant you can keep the cost low and still have a decent Harvest. But you have to study this the plant is not going to do it on its own.
your first journal, and what tent would u recommend, i most likely won’t ever grow more than 2 plants

Check into a tent after I built my 5x5 out of wood and cut all the holes made a door and all and then found that the tents are cheaper than the wood and all the holes and everything is already there time is money to

If you're not going to grow more than two plants then a 2 by 4 tent should be sufficient. But if you think you want to grow more in the future just buy that 4 by 4. I don't know where you live but if you don't want your neighbors to find out about what you're doing you will need a carbon filter and an extraction fan. You're probably need that extraction the fan anyway to keep air moving through the tent.

If I can remember correctly which is a chore in itself, I believe I have spent around 1100 dollars US on all my stuff. Tent, nutrients, pH pen, PPM pen, two humidifiers, LED light, extraction fan and carbon filter. I already owned a little space heater so I didn't have to buy that. And there usually are a few miscellaneous items that should not run you more than $50 Maybe. Other people can chime in here and give their perspective. This is just my two cents

If you're not going to grow more than two plants then a 2 by 4 tent should be sufficient. But if you think you want to grow more in the future just buy that 4 by 4. I don't know where you live but if you don't want your neighbors to find out about what you're doing you will need a carbon filter and an extraction fan. You're probably need that extraction the fan anyway to keep air moving through the tent.
a carbon filter like this? https://m.lowes.com/pd/frost-king-c...MI7-XOhODk4AIVfyCtBh1k0ATcEAQYASABEgI-uvD_BwE

no not like that.
Go to amazon.com and type in carbon filter with fan. If you're going to have a 2 by 4 tent then a 4 inch fan would be plenty
what about the height of the plant how tall should i be expecting, i know it varies on strain and what not but what’s a rough estimate

Some plants are only a foot or two tall some are 3ft or 15 feet. I have not grown an auto yet but I understand that they are pretty short. Look through the journals for someone growing autoflowering plant and see what size plants they're getting or ask them. Then ask what strain they have and where they got it. This is what I'm saying there's lots and lots of research that you should do before you spend even your first dollar. I'll help you with what I can but I am barely out of diapers. LOL

Back
Top Bottom