PC Grow Box - Advice Needed

Ezra

Hi,

I am starting my first grow and plan to use Royal Queen Northern Lights in the SOG (Sea of Green) method.
I have a pc case Depth 412 mm, Height 440 mm, Width 185 mm which I am going to use.
I am wondering what I need in terms of lighting, I was looking into getting two 24w CFL bulbs, and covering the case with mylar sheeting, would this be sufficient? I will be only growing one plant at a time.

Here are the specifications of one bulb

(There is also another bulb of the same type with 4000 K colour temperature and cool white as appose to warm comfort light)

Also if anyone has any tips, or advice in other areas, that would be much appreciated!
I plan to post photos as I go.

Would anyone be able to offer me some guidance?
I'm not really an expert on those stuff, but you will probably need to put 1 more lamp. By the way you are only interested in the lumen output (Rated luminous flux), and kind-of interested in the color temperature. 2500 (warm colour) will help the plant especially on its flowering period, where cool whites (4000k+) will help it especially on its vegetation period, although the difference isn't really that much.

Your two lamps combined produce 3300 lumens. In such small space, the bare minimum would be 1600 lumens , the medium would be 4000 lumens, and the optimal would be 6000 lumens.

3 of those lamps would produce 5000 lumens which is almost perfect.
4 of those would give you 6600 lumens which is more than perfect.

I hope i got my calculations correct. Please someone correct me if i failed.

Hi, Ezra. Welcome to :420:

Why do you want to grow in such a small space? whatever you get out of such a small plant it's probably not going to be worth your while.

Is there any chance you can go bigger? You can build a small cabinet very easily and cheaply. how does 40x40x90cm sound to you? you can still remain stealth with these dimensions.

Cheers I have actually since found a set of full spectrum bulbs which, apparently deliver both lighting conditions for vegetating and flowering. I will get three as per your recommendation, cheers!

Hi Rodrigo, thanks for the warm welcome!
After weighing out my options in terms of stealth, which is a high priority for me as im living with two other people, a pc grow seems like the best and least conspicuous.
I looked into making a cabinet into one but I feel that people would be curious of the fan noise and sight of them.
I only need a small bit of bud for myself, im not looking for a major amount.

PC Case grows are so common that it's pretty easy to just search for someone else's grow, here's an example.

That guy stuck his lights down magnetically but i'd have just drilled them into the case.

One idea though:

Sometimes people give away old computers and shit oinline, i've had a few sparc boxes and some DEC shit that way.

You get yourself an old server/workstation case and your space is bigger yo.
ATX is big but EATX is bigger :p

Hi, another questions guys.

Im going to be using soil for the grow and I wondering about the nutrition.
I went to a store and found BioBizz they are supposed to be a good company for this kind of stuff. Which product(s) do I need? Bare in mind im am growing 12/12 SOG.

Here is the website Products - Biobizz

Do I need Bio-Grow and Bio-Bloom or just one of them?

Back
Top Bottom