Petition To Legalize Hemp: We The People

Jacob Bell

This petition is being offered on the new We the People website.

Sign it to bring the signatures up to 5000, and it will be read by the President's staff.

The Petition reads as below:

End federal prohibition of hemp. Cannabis is too vital a resource to be kept out of the hands of the people.

End federal prohibition of hemp. Beyond rhetoric and politics, cannabis is too vital a resource to be kept out of the hands of American citizens. Whole cultures, including ours, were founded on cannabis cultivation, traceable to earliest human endeavors. Hampden, Hampshire, Hampton, Hemphill, Hempstead are common names of US localities named after hemp. Hemp can supplant trees for paper production and building materials; provide fiber and a biodegradable substitute for petroleum-based plastics; edible seeds offer the most complete protein found in the plant kingdom, and its oil contains a perfect balance of Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids. Furthermore, the medicinal potential of cannabis is huge with anti-seizure, anti-tumoral and neuroprotective properties. Return hemp production to the people.

Source: We The People

Did this about 2 weeks ago. At that point they had all necessary 5000? signatures,... but I threw mine in for good measure. :goodjob:

Did this about 2 weeks ago. At that point they had all necessary 5000? signatures,... but I threw mine in for good measure. :goodjob:

I think you are thinking of a different petition, Since1970. This one here still needs a lot of signatures ;) Just follow the link above, it will take you right to it. Hemp thanks you :thumb:

Got'cha! Yes, absolutely, this is a different petition, and needs LOTS of signatures. I had filled out the prior one. Please keep this thread at the top, this is important!

Thanks I added mine as well. Unfortunately our founding fathers left out the part about the government actually having to acknowledge our petitions so we'll have to wait and see if Obama will actually follow through and do the right thing. Not holding my breath...

Back
Top Bottom