Plant options for 6 x 6 grow space

pooloss

Hi Guys,

My growspace is 6 x 6. I'm after some ideas on plant options for this space. I'm growing under a single cool tube canopy with both a 600W MH + 600 HPS bulb. Giving me 1200W of sunshine.

I really want to try scrog this time. Could I build a 6 x 6 net and run 2 plants under it? I have a Alien XL flood and drain and the pots are huge. Also running CO2 for this grow.

Thanks,
J.

Hi Guys,

My growspace is 6 x 6. I'm after some ideas on plant options for this space. I'm growing under a single cool tube canopy with both a 600W MH + 600 HPS bulb. Giving me 1200W of sunshine.

I really want to try scrog this time. Could I build a 6 x 6 net and run 2 plants under it? I have a Alien XL flood and drain and the pots are huge. Also running CO2 for this grow.

Thanks,
J.
I would think yes but would go with a 5×6 scrog . Is it in a tent? 600 watt footprint for flower is 4×4 the outer edge would not get sufficient light .

"carpe diem"

I believe you said you had 2 x 600w so light coverage will be larger than 4x4 but still not 6x6. If the bulbs are far enough apart in hood you might get 4x6 coverage, more likely 4x5, with really intense light in the center and weak light on edges.

Biggest issue I see is access to plants. I need at least a 1' wide space to be able to do any work in my tent, and I can only reach about 2' to work on plant and to really inspect plants closely and spot problems early. So a 4' wide net with access from each side would work well.

Hey, thanks for the replies. I'm growing in a converted basement. The 6 x 6 is a number I came up with myself by using false walls.

The width of the room is 6 foot. I can't do anything about that. I guess I would need to reduce the width of the scrog net to 5 foot, giving me 1 foot of access down the side. At the rear I can add move that wall out further a foot, giving me another foot of access at the back.

I guess the main question I'm asking, do I go with a single plant, or two under this net?

Hey Guys,

Just spent a few hours working in the room. I built a frame for the scrog net which I think is just right. It is 5 x 6. It gives me 1 foot on 3 sides so I can work on the plants.

I will put a false wall at the back of the room, it will be 1 foot back from where the scrog net is. I want to reduce the size of the room for the aircon and the CO2.

Do you think four plants is OK for this scrog net?

Cheers,
P.

Back
Top Bottom