Preemptive Action Against Pests?

Sochi

Does anyone treat their plants before any signs of pests in order to avert possible problems? I am an indoor grower and have no signs of pests, and I'd like to keep things that way, if possible.

I use OMRI certified products on my outdoor garden--neem, bt, pyrethrin, insecticidal soap--and would plan to use the same or similar products indoors, unless advised otherwise.

Thanks for any opinions and advice!

It's said Prevention Is Better Than Cure! Pest prevention really matters to keep your plants healthy. Homeowners must make a checklist for the same. The checklist must include:

- Choosing the right variety of plants.

- Grouping the plants properly for the water and sunlight.

- Properly watering them. Neither less nor more.

- Match your plantings with your season.

- Improve soil structure

- Balance soil fertility

- Always consult professionals like exterminator in Sacramento for any doubts and confusion. They are expert in suggesting different tips and tricks.

Bonnie is right. What I would add is practice quarantine. From personal experience mites travel from grow room to grow room on gift clones and on people. If you visit another grow change before you enter or work on yours. Protect your room, no one goes in. Gift and or purchased clones are striped of soil and given a disinfection soak. Then they go into quarantine. Nothing more heart breaking than finding mites on your grow. Know your guests and clone suppliers. Been there and learned the hard way. Best of luck

Back
Top Bottom