Preparation for Water-Hash Separation

Aqua Lab Tech

This thread is about basic instructions in how to prepare your Plant Material for the Ice Water Trichome Separation process:

Today many people want to make there own Home Made Water-Hash.

When growing Marijuana there are alot of different Strains to choose from. Not all marijuana strains produce good water-hash. Some will produce more quanitity and a better quality than others. When planning on making water-hash it is good that you start with a good Resin producing strain. You can check up on the FULL MELT GENETIX list for strains that are known to produce good melty water-hash.

With that said, the next step in producing super quality home made water-hash is to grow your plants properly. Organically grown plants will produce a better quality hash then chemically grown plants. Indoor grown plants will produce a better quality Hash then outdoor grown plants.

Next is how you harvest your plants. When growing marijuana you want to harvest your plants when the resin is at its peak. Remember your main goal in hash making is to harvest the fruit of the cannabis plant, the Resin Glands You can monitor this with a magnify glass.
When you deceide it is harvest time, Harvest all the unwanted leaf material while your plant is standing and still alive. Clean all of your plants of all the large fan leaves, any yellow leaves, and anything that does not have visible resin on it, at this time. This plant material can sometimes be used for cookng purposes.

Cut the plant above the dirt and shake it off before hanging it upside down in a clean, low temperature, air circulating environment. 5 -14 days depending on area temperatures.
Check on it after a few days. If you can snap a branch this means the plant is dry enough to clean.

Now is the important time when using your plant material later to make Hash.
Start by keeping all your plants separated by strains. Remember not all Marijuana makes the same quality Hash. Next start trimming all the resin covered leaf from the buds. Any buds that are not worth trimming are to be added to the Resin covered leaf material for hash making.

When saving plant material for making hash, remember if there is no resin on it, separate it. Resin helps keep the plant material from breaking down and causing contamination to your final hash.

Another reason you want to take the time to separate all the resin covered leaf from the non-resin covered leaf is the non-resin covered leaf will add more weight to the Resin covered leaf that you will turn into Hashish. Meaning you will have to work harder and longer to get a worse quality product, had you taken the time to separate you resin covered plant material.

When making hash, it is better to let the resin cure on the leaf material for 2 to 6 weeks before processing it into Hash.

Resin needs time to dry before being processed, otherwise it will be more easy to damage.

Do not freeze plant material before processing it into Hash. When freezing your plant material you will lose Resin in the transfer process. It also drys your plant material very cold dry, causing it to break down to powder very easy, making for more contamination.

Now you can weigh up your amounts to processed. This helps keep everything balanced and makes it easier to figure out percentages later.

You have to choose Multiple Bag Cold Water Trichome Filtration Kit, such as Ice-O-Lator, Payload Bags or Bubble Bags.

Next have to choose which tools you want to use:

1. Long Plastic Handled Spoon
2. Electric Hand Mixer
3. Portable Washing machine, Large or Small
4. Large House-Hold 32 cu. ft. Top Loading washing machine

You will also need:

1. Ice and water (Reverse Osmosis Preferred)
2. Plastic credit card style card
3. 23 µ silkscreen with custom feet attached on the corners. (To raise screen for air circulation)
4. 220 µ Zipper Filter Bags (Large or Small depending on machine size)
5. Buckets (5gal (19L) or 32gal (121L)) depending on the size of mulitple bag filtration kit you have.
6. Bath tub and shower nozzle with hose attachment, Or a good clean safe working area that water can be drained away easily.
7. Kitchen shami's and paper towels

KEY: µ = Micron Units

Next comes Instructions on How to Properly process your Resin Covered Leaf Material into Super Melt Water-Hash.

Aqua Lab Tech

Well I freeze my trim. I'm a small time grower so I save my trim until I collect enough to make dragging out the bubble bags worth it. I don't feel I lose any trichs doing so either. But then I don't disturb it once frozen. I appreciate the offer for help but so far in all the years i've been making hash I've never been disapointed once. I'll keep your offer to help in mind for possible future use if I ever need it though. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom