Pros and Cons of CA Cannabis Card

Slayer84092

So I've been contemplating getting my card for several years. I have minor depression and major anxiety problems and I live in California. I wanted to ask, how much information is recorded by the state or general gov. when you get one? Does it stay between you and the doc like some kind of confidentiality deal? Are you on a list of cannabis patients that they can use to F*** you in any way? I want to get one and just grow my own, but I have a family that obviously comes first. If you have a cannabis card, what kinds of effects can it have on your employment? Can any company deny employment because you are a cannabis patient? Any jobs that I will be unable to apply to because I smoke? I don't mind using some fake urine to pass a drug test, but I don't want to settle into a nice career then get f**ked. Any other major pros or cons to cannabis cards in CA? Any restrictions you have in every day kinda s**t because of it? Any info, websites, or posts would be much appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to check out the post.
:peacetwo:

So I've been contemplating getting my card for several years. I have minor depression and major anxiety problems and I live in California. I wanted to ask, how much information is recorded by the state or general gov. when you get one? Does it stay between you and the doc like some kind of confidentiality deal? Are you on a list of cannabis patients that they can use to F*** you in any way? I want to get one and just grow my own, but I have a family that obviously comes first. If you have a cannabis card, what kinds of effects can it have on your employment? Can any company deny employment because you are a cannabis patient? Any jobs that I will be unable to apply to because I smoke? I don't mind using some fake urine to pass a drug test, but I don't want to settle into a nice career then get f**ked. Any other major pros or cons to cannabis cards in CA? Any restrictions you have in every day kinda s**t because of it? Any info, websites, or posts would be much appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to check out the post.
:peacetwo:

Yes, you are on a confidential list of medicinal marijuana users.
No, they are not going to hunt you down and round you up because of it someday.
The Feds stopped rounding up the patients years ago because the pictures of DEA agents hauling off people in wheelchairs made for bad press.
You'll either have to clean out for a couple of weeks or use somebody else's pee pee when it comes to employment drug testing.
Most employer's still don't recognize it as medicine.
Otherwise just keep it to yourself on the job and you're set.

As for info on a web site, check out Norml.org, that should be a good starting point.

Sweet. That's what I figured. If I keep it to myself then its all good. On another note, if I get a prescription from a 420 friendly doctor, will that information be on my medical record? My insurance is through Kaiser Permanente, and they f***in blow, and I don't know what they'd do if they found out about it.

Well, I had some of my other questions answered elsewhere. I only have one question left. I've heard that there are basically 3 forms of verifiable cannabis prescription when you go to a club: a simple written doctors prescription, a state issued card, and a card issued by a verification company. What is the best way to go and why?

Well, I had some of my other questions answered elsewhere. I only have one question left. I've heard that there are basically 3 forms of verifiable cannabis prescription when you go to a club: a simple written doctors prescription, a state issued card, and a card issued by a verification company. What is the best way to go and why?

You are a little mixed up on this one, as they are all the same thing.
You get the written prescription first, then depending on your location, then you are issued a verification card (through a company like MediCann or the state). The card is for convenience, so you don't have to keep a folded up copy of your prescription in your pocket.
If you have the choice, I would recommend a doctor through MediCann.
I've been going through them for 2 years now without any problems.
I hope this helped, good luck.

Back
Top Bottom