question about # of plants under 1200w of hid lighting..advice please (Pics!)

sm0ke

so i just picked up another hps system.

my grow room/style info:
ocean forest soil, ff nutes, 5 gallon pots (currently), 2 600w hid systems (one mh, one hps).

im looking to find out how many plants (in which size gallon pot) will work best under 2 600w systems with the key goal being the best grams per watt average as possible.

originally i figured 12 would be enough but now i think it may be too many as im struggling for room with the 5 i have flowering under my system now. i trained them into bushes so space became an issue...height isnt.

so more plants in smaller pots or less plants in bigger pots? how many? what size? etc.

any help appreciated.

and for your enjoyment....my bushs 20 something days into flowering (all under one 600w hps with 23w cfls in the middle for side/underside lighting.)

would it be worth is to spread these 5 plants out between 2 600w hps systems now or would it not have too much of an effect on yield at this point (they are fast finishers...52-56 days indoors)

to do...or not to do? ($$$ is an issue right now so id rather not hook up the new hps now unless u guys think it would be better for me to or not)

thanks

so i just picked up another hps system.

my grow room/style info:
ocean forest soil, ff nutes, 5 gallon pots (currently), 2 600w hid systems (one mh, one hps).

im looking to find out how many plants (in which size gallon pot) will work best under 2 600w systems with the key goal being the best grams per watt average as possible.

originally i figured 12 would be enough but now i think it may be too many as im struggling for room with the 5 i have flowering under my system now. i trained them into bushes so space became an issue...height isnt.

so more plants in smaller pots or less plants in bigger pots? how many? what size? etc.

any help appreciated.

and for your enjoyment....my bushs 20 something days into flowering (all under one 600w hps with 23w cfls in the middle for side/underside lighting.)

would it be worth is to spread these 5 plants out between 2 600w hps systems now or would it not have too much of an effect on yield at this point (they are fast finishers...52-56 days indoors)

to do...or not to do? ($$$ is an issue right now so id rather not hook up the new hps now unless u guys think it would be better for me to or not)

thanks

Well check out my journal link in my sig I have 9 plants that were veged 40days under 1k hps in a space 5x6 and I think I went to big so next timeI am thinking I should go with smaller plants like clones about 8" tall in 1.5gal pots and about 20-25 will fill a space about 5 x 5 which is more in line with the foot print of a 1k with 2 600hps I would think you would have a 4 x 8 foot print if run end to end so depending on veg and grow style I would say 1 plant per 2.5 square feet so maybe 15 if you dont go to big and if you go for sog in an ebb table you can place clones 4 per square foot just root them and once healthy right under the lights into 12/12 . I have a friend who uses 2 600's over a 4x8 table and he put in 120plants per grow.

Back
Top Bottom