Questions on CO2 enrichment

Notts

hi all,

looking to use co2 for my grow,

my set up is a meter3 grow tent within a sealed room,

i have dehumidifier and air con in the room outside the grow tent,
the extration is on 24 hours running out of the tent and into the room, this is needed due to temperature in the tent,

my question is, if I set up the co2 unit controller to the size of the room, not tent, that there will be enough relative co2 (1500ppm) circulating around. and through pumping it straight into the tent, with the extraction fan running 24/7, it should recircle the air and co2 through the grow area and room area keeping it at a constant level, which should mean it is safe to use the extraction 24/7 without negating or lowering the co2ppm.

Is this correct?

also i know that i do not need to use co2 in darkness so will be plugged into the lighting contacter.

any thoughts on this?

CO2 can KILL you so I don't think you want it in a room you'll be in. Keep the CO2 in the tent.

Good Luck

I think you may have co2 (carbon dioxide) confused with Carbon Monoxide which is deadly. CO2 needs to be in concentrations of over 10,000 ppm before it can cause drowsiness and dizzyness which can eventually lead to loss of consciousness. 10k ppm is kinda hard to get to unless you empty a large cylinder in a sealed room. Using a controller/monitor will eliminate any dangers of over gassing :peace:

I guess, technically speaking, that if you had only CO2 in the room, you would suffocate without any oxygen.

But, yes, it's CO that is the deadly one.

CO2 is a tricky one that you're going to have to play with, but it's been difficult in the past for me. :blunt:

Yea I know the difference between carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide. They both can kill you, and to think that someone wanting to flood a room of their house to get CO2 into a tent, doesn't sound safe to me.

not flood a room, keep it set at 1500ppm, read the top again, you may find yourself understanding what im talking about.

Back
Top Bottom