Re: Plant Moisture Stress - Symptoms and Solutions

herbsiah

been having some issues with my new plants in there new habitat. the small new growth leafs on the bottom of the plant tend to turn a very pale yellow and get very soft before falling off. also the larger leafs moving up the plant towards the middle and a few towards the top turn yellow at there edges all along the leaf. sometimes these leafs stay green along the interior and sometimes they get a few brown spots on them as well as the very tips turning brown and crispy. new growth towards just the very top tends to stay green and healthy for awhile, although i am starting to notice that occasionally i will get a bit of the same type of damage already mentioned on the new growth as well.
my growing conditions are 8 plants total in 4" rockwools in a rectangle room about 5.5' by 3.5'. 400 watts hortilux super blue MH. approx. 18" from the top of plants. the plants are in a ebb n flo system in two separate trays connected to the same reservoir. i am using GH nutes with a mix of 60ml grow, 40ml micro, 20ml bloom for every 5 gallons of water. using a simple PH test this mix gives me a nice yellow color (approx. PH 6-6.5). i water them with a timer twice a day. the plants where healthy the first few weeks (soaked rockwools in mild solution with GH and a bit of rizotonic). the roots exploded and the plants grew a little too quickly but where healthy. then a couple weeks in started having this problem and now 6 weeks in they still have the problem. the plants are a good 2-3ft tall now and a bit lanky towards the bottom but filling out a bit better towards the top now. but i am concerned as i am losing A LOT of sun leaves due to this issue. out of the 5 problems listed above, which one do you guys think best fits my issue?
one thing i notice is that the roots exploded at first and then once they stuck out of the rockwools the edges dried up and didnt grow out of the rockwools anymore. i am wondering if there problem is needing a bigger medium to grow in as i am giving my plants a full 6-8wks of veg before moving to flower stage. my new flower room is built pretty big so size is not an issue. thanks for any help

I think your pH is a little too high for Hydro.

Nutrient_Chart1.gif

Can you post a picture ;)

well its my bday this weekend so i am a bit busy but i will try to post up some pics in the next couple days...
i actually went ahead and re-potted the rock wools into some larger baskets filled with hydro-ton. i changed the res adding new nutes with pH6 and added a healthy dose of rizotonic. it looks like in only 1 days time i am starting to see a few new and healthy roots spreading into the hydroton. hopefully this will continue and the leafs stop stressing. i am also starting to foliar feed them 1 to 2 times a day with a mild nute solution.

Back
Top Bottom