Reverse osmosis (RO) question

p man

Hey all....new member/grower here...well almost new... I grew a couple plants in a cornfield 3 yrs ago started late got a small crop, the next year I had a couple nice ones in the cornfield and the farmer cut down the crops early so I lost them, last year I had 3- 8 footers going in the cornfield and they got cut down mysteriously I think they were seen from the air.... this year I gave up on the cornfield... couple weeks ago I decided to try some indor gro with some autoflowers to 'catch up' fast!... not doing too bad but could be a little better.....I'm doing 3 and using 3 gallon air pots, my hydro shop told me to try a bubbler system so I thought I'd give it a shot I'm just now starting and from what I've been reading the water quality is important.... anyway to the question....I bought a RO water filter setup, the waste water is 3:1, or can be reduced to 2:1..... I was wondering if you collect the waste water, add the proper fittings to the collection jug so you can hook it up to the RO system, preasure it up to 40-50 lbs and run it back through the filter system again do you think will that lower the TDS and make the water usable?
Question two: can you drink the waste water as is?
.....also for those of you that want good water get yourself a plasic barrel with a top, set it under the rain gutters if you can and collect the rain water... it's free! ..it rained a little today and I collected 30 gals in no time , the TDS was apx 20..maybe I should have thought about that before I bought the RO system cause there's rain in the forcast....
100_25312.JPG

Capture27.JPG

i wouldnt run it back through, it will clog up your filters a lot quicker i would assume.

rain water is a great source of clean water (assuming you dont live in a nasty pollution filled area)

myself, i just bought a couple blue 5 gallon water jugs for 20$, and it costs me 1.99 to fill them.

i dont dump my res, just top up with nutes (dump it maybe once every 2 months... which is normally just my switch from veg to flower, as she requires a different nute soup)

my current plant, is about a week from being done, and has drank 18 gallons of water now since i flipped her to flower (and i havent dumped the res once) so , roughly 8 bucks worth of water. not too bad if you ask me.

if you dump your res every week, i could see that getting fairly costly... but, if not.. maybe look into jugs, (or just buy a bunch of buckets and collect more rain water! :))

Back
Top Bottom