scrog screen removal?

PeytonManning

I have a plant that isn't a true scrog, but it had been trained flat through veg, and when it started flowering I used a screen to train it flat instead of hangers. If I were to remove the screen, would the plant maintain its mostly flat appearance or would it spring back up to where the plant would be without training?

The plant will retain most of it's shape. The stems and stalks are like trees branches. The older growth essentially turns to wood and hardens. The younger growth is flexible and if not trained long enough will kind of bounce back to original if not bent or kinked.

Awesome. I was hoping it would retain some of its shape. Since its not a true scrog I might cut it off just to make watering easier. 4 weeks into flower so I think I'll be good. Most every branch is thick and woody

My SCROG in my recent grow really helped support the fatty colas that wanted to just fall over. I would use my LST wire to support the fatty colas up by tying them on three sides to the trellis.

so I'll definitely need to have a backup plan if I pull the screen. Should be doable. My box ain't that big so I don't think they'll have much place to go. And I don't mind putting screws all over the place if needed for tie down supports

Back
Top Bottom