Seed Shell

Kanvus

Hey guys, first time growing and a little confused about the seed.

I looked in the soil after putting the seed in the dirt for 3 days. They seem to have turned from brown into a green transparent marble. Is that normal? Then right under it theres another brown seed with a root growing out of it.

Is the green thing the shell? Cus I don't see any holes in the green orb like anything had come out of it.

Appreciate any clarification.

I think the green 'marble' you are seeing are the first leaves that still haven't broken the surface of your soil. I could be wrong, I'm starting my first grow as well.

Good luck with your grow, I'll be watching for your progress. There sure is a lot to learn, isn't there?

Hey kanvus.....welcome to :420:.....well first off my man you should be cracking seeds before you plant.....soak seeds under water for 24-36 hrs and then transfer to a WET papertowel sandwich...keep in a dark, cool place....not cold, not warm, not on the fridge....and just simply wait for your tap roots to sprout out....then make the transplant...some seeds are greener than other...if they haven't sprouted take them out and put into the papertowels ......then replant in a few days....hope this helps....:hippy:

Yeah definitely be sure to germinate those seeds and get 'em cracked before planting next time. It's always exciting to see the first bit of root to poke through before getting them in the soil and you also know that you're well on the way. Good luck dude!

Back
Top Bottom