Should I start feeding in this? Having some spots

baxbax

hello 420 , should I start feeding this seedling it is in peatbased soil and label on bag say it has enough nutrients for first 20 days some black spots on first set of leaves I transplant it from coco coir solo cup to this media , ph of media is 5.5 to 5.6 and watering with plain r/o water don't know necessary to add food when you use r/o water I use r/o because my tap water ph is high around 8 . what deficiency could this be ?

Couple things my friend.
First of all, you are safe to give your plants nutrients anytime after day 20..... At least that's what I do when I have never had an issue with seedlings.
Next, RO water..... 99% of the RO systems out there remove most of the calcium needed for young plants. I would be giving my girls calmag if I was using RO water.... I can almost guarantee that's what your deficiency is..... Especially at a young age like that, and also because you were in Coco originally which has no amended nutrients to offer.
Lastly...... since your new media is soil-based, you have to increase your pH level to around a 6.4, 6.5 in order for all of the nutrients that you are going to introduce into your soil to be able to take it into the root system correctly. The pH that you mentioned earlier, 5.5 is only for Hydroponics and Coco based media.

Hope this helps......

Couple things my friend.
First of all, you are safe to give your plants nutrients anytime after day 20..... At least that's what I do when I have never had an issue with seedlings.
Next, RO water..... 99% of the RO systems out there remove most of the calcium needed for young plants. I would be giving my girls calmag if I was using RO water.... I can almost guarantee that's what your deficiency is..... Especially at a young age like that, and also because you were in Coco originally which has no amended nutrients to offer.
Lastly...... since your new media is soil-based, you have to increase your pH level to around a 6.4, 6.5 in order for all of the nutrients that you are going to introduce into your soil to be able to take it into the root system correctly. The pH that you mentioned earlier, 5.5 is only for Hydroponics and Coco based media.

Hope this helps......

I thought peatmoss is soilless medium ?

It is, but it acts like soil. Look at your leaves, then look at mine. Both soilless, mines at 6.5, yours at 5.5. I've never had a CalMag deficiency. Try it......youll be rid of your issue in no time.

Back
Top Bottom