size matters

Nikx

could you tell me what size young plants should be after a week after germinating - i hear all of ya telling how your plants are budding after 3-4 weeks and my plants are only few days old but they are sooo small i can't imagine them being ready in that time....
(right now they under flouros 160w - 18/6)

lol it takes time, it will be small for like the frist 2 weeks and then it wil boost in growth, but will need to get more lights cause Flouros are not powerful in putting out light its just good cause it does not produce alot of light. Youll need about 6000-8000 lumens (light output) per plant. 1 Compact Florencent that equals 100watts puts out about 1800-2000 lumens. so get about 5-6 of those and youll be good for both Vege stage and Flowering. but i recommend Metal Halide(MH) and High Pressure Sodium(HPS) they are expensive but useful you can get one from lowes just get like a 150 watt MH and a 150 watt HPS light that will be good they are like $70-100 each fixture.

Nikx said:
could you tell me what size young plants should be after a week after germinating - i hear all of ya telling how your plants are budding after 3-4 weeks and my plants are only few days old but they are sooo small i can't imagine them being ready in that time....
(right now they under flouros 160w - 18/6)

lol no plant is ready in 3-4 weeks... maybe START budding at that point... but usually, you simply switch your light cycle to 12 hours light 12 hours dark in order to start flowering your plant... after it begins budding, however, it will take another 2 months or so... at a week old a plant usually has it's first set of real leaves and the second set is almost opening up...

hey, i was wondering. i planted my seeds a week ago tomorrow and the plant is about 3"-4" tall with its first set of leaves and round leaves on it. should i give it about 6 hours of dark to nudge it a little? it seems to be growing really slow. i havent been fertalizer feeding it yet so its not like the soil is outta wack. and the lighting is good. i have a CFL and a 24" 118W florescent. the leaves have gotten significantly bigger and its gotten taller but that is it. maybe im being a little impatient? would it help it if i gave it about 6 hours of dark or would that not be the best idea?

my first inside attempt with flouros 4- 2fts and about a foot above spindly weak plant weak stalk/stem sickly light green color

latest attempt 400 watt MH about 18 inches 2 feet up from plants nice dark green leaves short seedlings stalks not spindly

square footage both times about the same heat more of a problem this time but fans are cheap tried starting hydro but had problems transplantedall but 2 to soil/coir mix plants seem much happier wonder how they'll react if i give them a boombox and tunes .... if i spoil them will they spoil me?

Back
Top Bottom