Small white bugs in my run off

Taff12

Hi Guys,

I have noticed today that there are some small tiny white bugs that jump to the touch in my run off water. I am assuming ther are living in the Coco medium that i am using. I have not seen any evidence of them on my leaves or on the top of the soil.

Are these harmful? What do i treat them with?

I have just flipped my plant into flower and didn't notice them in the vegetative state. Just concerned if these bugs are going to cause my plant to die.

Some help will be appreciated. Many Thanks

Kind Regards

Going to need more info than that.

By the description of white, i immediately think of White Flies Whitefly - Wikipedia

Although, if those don't look like them, then it could be another type of pest. If you can, try to pick up some yellow sticky pads. If you can get one of them to stick to it, you can get a close up image and do some research on what it might be.

If you are unsure of the type on your own, post those pics in here when you get them. Someone should be able to identify them relatively easily.

**Also another pest almost famous for sticking in water and being sort of a jumping bug, is Springtails.
springtail control, Springtail Control, SPRINGTAIL CONTROL, springtail spray, Springtail Spray, SPRINGTAIL SPRAY, springtail treatment, Springtail Treatment, SPRINGTAIL TREATMENT, springtail invasion, SPRINGTAIL INVASION, springtail infestation, Springtail Infestation, SPRINGTAIL INFESTATION, springtails bugs, Springtails Bugs, SPRINGTAILS BUGS, tiny springtails, Tiny Springtails, TINY SPRINGTAILS, jumping bugs, Jumping Bugs, JUMPING BUGS

Check these out.
Goodluck!

Going to need more info than that.

By the description of white, i immediately think of White Flies Whitefly - Wikipedia

Although, if those don't look like them, then it could be another type of pest. If you can, try to pick up some yellow sticky pads. If you can get one of them to stick to it, you can get a close up image and do some research on what it might be.

If you are unsure of the type on your own, post those pics in here when you get them. Someone should be able to identify them relatively easily.

**Also another pest almost famous for sticking in water and being sort of a jumping bug, is Springtails.
springtail control, Springtail Control, SPRINGTAIL CONTROL, springtail spray, Springtail Spray, SPRINGTAIL SPRAY, springtail treatment, Springtail Treatment, SPRINGTAIL TREATMENT, springtail invasion, SPRINGTAIL INVASION, springtail infestation, Springtail Infestation, SPRINGTAIL INFESTATION, springtails bugs, Springtails Bugs, SPRINGTAILS BUGS, tiny springtails, Tiny Springtails, TINY SPRINGTAILS, jumping bugs, Jumping Bugs, JUMPING BUGS

Check these out.
Goodluck!

Thanks guys.

Looks like i have springtails. I will try to post pics next time i see them but this time around i drained the water to get rid of them. I have videos of them that i took on my camera but cannot post here as it will not allow me.

Seems the only possible way to get rid of them is to dry the medium out but at this stage it will be impossible as i have just flipped my plant into 12/12.

Many Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom