Soil - Mickey's Random Grow Questions

Mick1125

Alright- Im gearing up for grow No. two. I learned alot from grow one. I grow only soil at the moment.

So, what my question is today, is what kind of soil am I going to want to find?? Im in a place with limited access to ideal products, so I can only choose the best of the few different things I can find.

Below are some photos of some soils I found, if someone would be willing to take a few minutes and give a look at the different soil pics I put here and give me some feedback it would be greatly appreciated!!

Also, "vermiculite" good stuff? bad stuff? during my first grow I learned the important lesson about "drainage" and unfortunatley I learned the hard way.... anyway... Mix in some vermiculite?? Yes? No? and how much? what kind of a ratio is ideal?? (PICS BELOW)

One other quick question: I grow in 1 gallon pots, can I put a 1-2 in layer of "Clay Pellets" on the bottom? Will this give me any good benefits? (im thinking in terms of drainage) or just go strictly soil?

Look forward to the wisdom and comments of those who have gone before me.

Peace Everyone!! Mikey (PICS BELOW)

soil_001.jpg

soil_002.jpg

soil_003.jpg

soil_004.jpg

soil_005.jpg

Sorry I cant read chinese... I guess Id go with the one with the tomatoes on the bag.

Vermiculite retains water and you dont want to use that. Use perlite. Make sure u wear a mask when u mix that sruff too, the dust is super bad on your lungs. Kind of like asbestos.

Find a good organic soil with very little to No bark in it, those soils with bark in them tend to be very acidic. Try to find some perlite, instead of vermiculite. Just my two cents , Hope this helps some

I took your advice and ditched the vermiculite and bought some perlite. I'm still poking around and researching soil. I'm still about 45 days from needing it for grow two.

Thanks for your feedback, Peace! Mikey

Sorry I cant read... I guess Id go with the one with the tomatoes on the bag.

Vermiculite retains water and you dont want to use that. Use perlite. Make sure u wear a mask when u mix that sruff too, the dust is super bad on your lungs. Kind of like asbestos.

Thanks for the heads up on the mask while mixing perlite.

Thanks for the feedback, Mike

Back
Top Bottom