Solar Toke Tips

Snowrider

After a while of wanting to get a magnifying glass in order to try solar toking I finally got one a couple of days ago. I've only been able to get one good hit (great hit :cheesygrinsmiley: ) and I was out in the sun playing with it for half an hour. From reading posts I know lots of you guys solar toke so I thought I'd ask for some pointers about how to light the bowl such as the angle to hold the mag. glass at and certain steps or things I could be doing wrong?

If anyone has never heard of solar toking it's using a magnifying glass to light your weed with the rays of the sun.

i just try to remember if you hold to magnifying glass aways a bit... the little beam is stronger... always works for me :)

To figure out the angle you should hold the mag. glass, you should try to make the ball of light a perfect circle. After that just pull in or away to make that circle smaller and start your inhale. When its in this small circle it is the most magnified and therefore the hottest. Try this and see if it helps. Burn on.

yeah it depends on what time of day your doing it, like if you do it around wake and bake time (11-2, dont act like you stoners get up early(unless you have a job) then the sun is high in the sky and very powerfull and all you need to do is get as small a circle you can get and leave it in the same place, most important thing is just to always be square to the sun, if it isnt right above you you need to angle the mag. glass to get the strongest possible beam and focus it

hope that helps

Is it possible I've just been doing it too late in the day because I've been trying it between the hours of 5-7 all the time. I guess that makes sense because it seems that the beam of light that I get isn't strong enough to burn the cannabis.

That is an awesome video in which Brett explains all the benefits of using the sun instead of a lighter.

stonerbabe69 said:
why wouldnt you just use a lighter?
because.....lighters contain nasty butane, which you will notice after solar puffing, makes the weed taste bad. i smoked this way with a friend and he was like, "i didnt know weed tasted so good." so, if you havent done it, go outside right now with a magnifying glass and try it. also, try using one pipe(cleaned) for solar puffing the resin will be totally different. stay green. peace.

Back
Top Bottom