Starting my plants indoors...Need help

BlazinD

OK, first time grower here...could use some advice. I have just planted my 30 freshly germinated seeds. I am using the FoxFarms Ocean's Best (I believe it's called) soil. I bought two 24" EcoLux Plant and Aquarium F20 wide spectrum fluorescent bulbs, to grow my plants in the closet until they get a foot tall before transplanting outside (no greenhouse, just in the wide open). Should I keep my plants on an 18 hour light cycle while indoors? Will these lights do the job and get my babies to a foot? Is a foot a reasonable height before transplanting outdoors? I also will use the FoxFarms "Grow Big", but I am unsure when to start applying the plant food to my plants...I have read anywhere from 2-5 weeks after they have sprouted...all help will be greatly appreciated...Thanks!!

I forgot they watering schedule: should I water on a set schedule with a set amount of water, or only if the soil is dry near the top 1"-2"? Also, one more thing...when should these lights be put on my plants? Right after they have sprouted? And how close should they be to the plants?

Floro tubes only give you about 4-8 inches of good light.
Put them on them now and keep them close, within a couple inches.
To keep them from stretching.

When to water, when they are dry.
Best way to learn when your Babies need water is to take a pot , fill with dry dirt, left and feel the weight.
Now soak it down with water, left and feel the weight.
When the pots get light , it's time to water.

Yeapper, 18 hours or better of light.

When to put outside?
3 - 5 weeks sounds good to me.
Heighth, we put 'em out as short as 4-5 inches tall.
Easier to transport when they's short :)

If I use these lights, will I have problems with stretching? Are you certain this is enough wattage? I have heard conflicting stories and I am just trying to do it right...thanks!

Back
Top Bottom