Sup guys

Kalmkidd

quick question. any of you ever catch panic attacks when high? its weird with my i take meds for anxiety and some weed makes me calm and feel great some makes me panic, heart race, etc. is this due to different strains? anything to calm these panics down when i do catch them? sorry for the dumb question

High Kalmkidd!

:welcome: to the 420 magazine community! I can relate with you 100%. I also use for anxiety(and more). I find I need to basically stay away from sativa dominate strains. Sativa strains will give you those buzzes where your mind just runs a million miles a minute. Which is never good if your already experiencing anxiety. I find when I am having bad anxiety the calm body buzz of an Indica is just what I need. How ever since I also suffer depression in hand with the anxiety I also need the uppity buzz of the sativa, so the game of finding a good hybrid begins. Finding the right medicine for you is never easy but when you do you are rewarded with peace of mind and a rested soul.

Now if I could real quick direct you to our Forum Guidelines - Please Read Before Posting and also our Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos. Also to help you down the road to growing some amazing smoke may I also suggest How to Grow Marijuana - Everything You Need to Know! and if you ever need any help you can go here How to Ask for Grow Support.

Also there are never dumb questions when your well being is at stake. There is no man or woman in this world that knows every thing. That is why we have communities. So we can gather and share our knowledge with each other and learn from each other.

Also there are never dumb questions when your well being is at stake. There is no man or woman in this world that knows every thing. That is why we have communities. So we can gather and share our knowledge with each other and learn from each other.

Amen, and :welcome: Kalmkidd! Other than there being no dumb questions, I find that there are also no dumb statements among this great community! Speak your mind and have no worries!

Hey there Kk, the only dumb question is the one not asked. I would consult a Dr about that and if you are on any medication ask him if you could stop using this and try MMJ. I am sure if approached in a serious manner and you had paperwork for him to look over why would he say no? The wealth of Information about Cannabis is omnipresent and bewildering and for 40yrs the Govt has tried to suppress the truth.
Doctors KNOW Medical Marijuana can treat many conditions far better than dangerous pharmaceuticals.
Sorry for the rant and :welcome: to the 420Mag Family.
Why not Introduce Yourself - 420 Magazine and meet many more members like yourself with similar interests and questions?
:goodluck: and keep us posted.

omg i just got some stuff called mango, indica strain.. i have never been this happy chill high in my life.. lmao. thanks fellas.

Yea as everyone else has said. It all depends on the strain. Though I did go through some anxiety issues, but I was smoking jwh for awhile and then went back to pot once I could get ahold of some. After that I had some bad panic attacks. But I was getting some really great weed at the time and it was really some uppity stuff. I smoked some skunk weed and had no problems whatsoever. Good luck with the anxiety. It can be a pain in the ass.

Hey there Kk, the only dumb question is the one not asked. I would consult a Dr about that and if you are on any medication ask him if you could stop using this and try MMJ. I am sure if approached in a serious manner and you had paperwork for him to look over why would he say no? The wealth of Information about Cannabis is omnipresent and bewildering and for 40yrs the Govt has tried to suppress the truth.
Doctors KNOW Medical Marijuana can treat many conditions far better than dangerous pharmaceuticals.
Sorry for the rant and :welcome: to the 420Mag Family.
Why not Introduce Yourself - 420 Magazine and meet many more members like yourself with similar interests and questions?
:goodluck: and keep us posted.

:cheer::cool: Welcome Kk.

quick question. any of you ever catch panic attacks when high? its weird with my i take meds for anxiety and some weed makes me calm and feel great some makes me panic, heart race, etc. is this due to different strains? anything to calm these panics down when i do catch them? sorry for the dumb question

While sativas tend to have more of this than indicas in the general sense, one thing to be aware of is that it is not unheard of for sativas to be harvested prematurely (due to their long flowering period). And premie sativas are the worst thing for those who suffer panic/anxiety affects.

Strangly, I have such attacks, but do not seem to be bothered by them (most of the time) when consuming mature sativas. It is not that I do not feel the classic sativa affects. Only... Well, it's like being bothered by hallucinations, lol. If I was just walking down the street minding my own business and I saw one of those big blue mailboxes "walk" across the street and have congress with a Volkswagen, I might be concerned. But if I had just consumed a... South American salad, I wouldn't be a bit bothered. After all, such would be expected. I guess it's like that. The small sane & sober part of my brain would reply to any impending panic-impulses, "Yeah, but that's normal - don't worry about it." So I wouldn't.

Your mileage, as they say, may vary. But this is a strong reason for growing your own; you'll know what you're consuming (and its affects) and won't be surprised along the way. I think the bulk of the "undesirable" is in not knowing.

(Increased) paranoia is another thing that some people report. Someone once asked me if I suffered from paranoia while I was high. I replied, "Yeah. But only when a cop drives by.;)"

Back
Top Bottom