T5 4x4 SCROG Dream Queen & Skywalker

mikey232

Ok this is my 1st time ever in my years of growing trying this im going to SCROG a 4x4 tent under T5 veg and flower

1) the plants are Dream Queen and Skywalker there both packed in 7 gallon smart pots the screen is 29 inches high
2) medium being used is promix BX 6 parts, perlite 3 parts, powder sulfur 1 part this auto's my PH to to 5.8
3) tent size is 4x4x7
4) 6in can fan and carbon 33 filter
5)light power is a 16 bulb badboy T5 total wats 940
circulation fans 1 12" osillation 1 6in clip fan
6) nuits are cyco platnium series, fox farm flowering additives, sugar daddy and 1/4 streanghth bud hadner
scrog17.JPG

scrog43.JPG

scrog34.JPG

scrog24.JPG

re: T5 4x4 SCROG Dream Queen & Skywalker

Nice it won't let me edit it keeps tellin me
The following errors occurred with your submission:
The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters.

Well I'm having a bad time trying to keep the heat down. No fillter on the fan yet but I have a 171 cfm can fan hooked to it but it's just not helping ambien air is 74 inside air is 96...
Any ideas???

You gotta pull in cooler air, through a window or something. I vent in and out a window craccked a quarter off an inch and keep my 4x4 400w hps cool. stays 76 in the tent with the air in the room the tent is in at 73.

Your 171 cfm fan could also be the culprit. I bet if you got more air moving out you could stabilize your temps a lot lower. I noticed when I brought my humidity up with towels, they kept the 4x4 tent cooler than the room the tent was in. I used cool tap water to wet the towels and hung two up top and laid one on the floor directly inline with the small 65cfm fan blowing into the tent over it. Worked wonders.

So imo, 2 options: bigger fan for more air throughput, or pull in cooler air.

Btw, I have a 400cfm inline fan pulling air out of my tent through the hood.

I do draw outside air in through a 8" hole with a 700 cfm 8" max fan I fillter the outside air comeing in with an inline blue thunder. That is my winter set up since its 32 outside in the summer I use AC. I'm not going to be able to bring in any more air Crome outside that's out of the question it will be to much positave presure in the house I'd have to upgrade all my fans. Well I'll figure it out just have to knock on my brain longer. I just like to hear others ideas you learn alot by listening. Thank you for the input cogrow

Well its not just the 4x4 t5 fixture the whole side of my basement is set up for everything there are 5x5 tents with 1000s in them as well as 2 3x5 flowering tents with 600s in the plus all my veg and nursery theres alot of stuff down there that produces heat this 4x4 scrog is just a I thought it would be cool to try thing lol. And I do believe you were right saying the 4in 171 cfm fan as being to small because just to test it I hook one of my ducts cooling a 1k bulb to the tent and with the both of them it dropped the temp to 87. Still not good enough though I link the light is just to big Mabe I'll just leave the tent open. I don't know I'll think some more.....

Ok problem solved the junk 171 cfm 4" fan was not enough instailed a 6" max fan and dropped the temp to 85 on medium speed yay!!

Just an update everything is the same vegging is moving slow ou know how is is you want it to veg over night lol. I think I veg faster on 24 than I do 18/6 but i put all veg on 18/6 to save on energy

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am reporting this to be moved to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!:Namaste:

Yes I did abandon this junal it's no good for the strains they changed the strain names because they didn't like them do it's forfeit to post updates
Sorry other than that the grow went well alil over 19 oz of cured off it at 85% full

Back
Top Bottom