Brand - China FSL
Length - 4' Long
watts - 36w
Kelvin - 6500k
PAR - 83.7
Lumens - 2780
Magnetic Ballasts [Slow Start]
IMG_17484.jpg

Ill be using figure (2-1) basic Shape But ill be using 6 inch spaces for each bulb giving a larger reflective surface
Six Inches per gap for each bulb Gives us a fixture size of about 6' x 4' which should cover an area of about
7' x 4.5' OR Figure (2-3) only thing i dont like about this setup is light shining into other bulbs is a waste of light.
hmmmmmm??? Figure (2-1) it is!!!!

EDIT
After reviewing the light reflection patterns of both shapes it seems (2-3) would be a better option with a lil modifications.45* angles on the sides with a flat top would be alot more efficient .

Like this :Rasta::Rasta:
Only showing Side and Top reflections basically
Patterns.jpg

No wonder those big brand reflectors for HPS stay with 45* angles :lot-o-toke:
Well i Think its time to get my materials and get to work.

may i suggest a different approach.. this is what im constructing. i got everything at home depot. 10 foot long 10 inch diameter exhaust ducting. i cut right down the middle and in half so i have 4, 5 foot lengths of half a circle of exhaust ducting. i made 2 slits on each end so i could bend in and attach the bulb sockets at the proper length(4 feet). i then lined the inside of the half tube with mylar. with the overdrive of the t12 bulbs (3 in each half) (so 3 ballasts mounted on top of half tube running 3 bulbs). i have created hoods for my t12 tube lights. very easy and simple. the one that i have finished has at least 20% more reflectivity than the standard square shop light that was OD already. i am doing this with all of my tube lights now. the best part about what i have created is that i can put my clone tray on the shelf above this setup and my clones root in less than a week from the warmth of the ballast under them. and yes you are right about the 45* angle so before i put my next one together i will make some creases.

Back
Top Bottom