The case of the Tangled root

naturalhi

Say I bring home a clone, that's in a 2x2 rock wool cube. and need to veg it for 2-3 weeks before moving to flower room

Now the Q! After the clones have reached my desired height how do I transfer clones with roots intact to a larger container for flowering? Would the roots grow enough to cause tangling and ripping, don't know how much they'd grow in a 2-3 week veg cycle? :hmmmm:

Help is always appreciated!!!! :cheesygrinsmiley:

When using dirt I just leave 'em in the wool and let 'em grow out the bottom, if I understood the Q

I have gotten plants up to 2 feet with almost no roots going through the cube. I have also had plants at 8 inchs that have very large root systems.
Plants are wierd lol no but little changes in watering light ect make big diffrences

Endo what you should do is get hydroton rocks and a bowl. Fill the bowl 3/4 with the hydroton rocks and then put you're baby that is in the rockwool cube in the the bowl and then put some more hydrton rocks.
This way if you're roots grow through the cube then they will grow into the hydroton rocks like they would in a hydro table. Then when you are ready to put them in a flowering room its really really easy to transfer without hurting any of the roots

Spliff Twister said:
I have gotten plants up to 2 feet with almost no roots going through the cube. I have also had plants at 8 inchs that have very large root systems.
Plants are wierd lol no but little changes in watering light ect make big diffrences

Endo what you should do is get hydroton rocks and a bowl. Fill the bowl 3/4 with the hydroton rocks and then put you're baby that is in the rockwool cube in the the bowl and then put some more hydrton rocks.
This way if you're roots grow through the cube then they will grow into the hydroton rocks like they would in a hydro table. Then when you are ready to put them in a flowering room its really really easy to transfer without hurting any of the roots

Can't do that in a rainforest but you would not know that.Would be good info for a different setup.
Endo, if the roots become tangled to another plant, you can damage the root system and get them seperated without stressing the plant. Plants are a little tougher than some people believe.

I made my ebb system that can handle that and more and it was way cheaper than the rainforest. How to make one is in my journal.

Thanx All! Been growing in dirt, now switching to ebbnflo hydro. with dirt the container holds the roots together till transplant, but hydro, baskets and such I wasn't sure how to transplant. Now with ya'lls help I do!

natural I had a idea about this as I have the same problem. Of heres my idea. If you get some strawberry baskets or the baskets they sell at hydro stores.

Fill it up with hydroton rocks and but the rockwool cube in there and then place the basket in the table. This way you can leave it be and they will be fine or if you need to transfer all the roots should mostly by in the basket qrappeled in the hydroton rock.

Seems like it would be super easy to tranfer while still being able to have it in a ebb and flow. My other idea with the bowl you couldn't do that you would have to hand water.

Back
Top Bottom