The pope hates dope

PaRaLyZeD-420

Growing Guru
Since its foundation, the Catholic Church and its Pope have been the sworn enemy of global marijuana culture.

The late Pope John Paul II: wanted tobacco banned
While millions of Catholic faithful around the world mourn the passing of Pope John Paul II, pot people would do well to remember that the Catholic Church has long been a leader in the global effort to exterminate marijuana and the cannabis culture.

The late Pope John Paul II had frequently campaigned against marijuana decriminalization, saying there are no distinctions between "hard" and "soft" drugs and that using marijuana is equivalent to using heroin.

In January 1997, a Pope-approved statement issued by the Pontifical Council for the Family claimed that legalizing drugs would be akin to legalizing murder, and also called for the banning of tobacco.

These statements are consistent with the Catholic Church's longstanding policy of official hatred for marijuana and other medicinal and psychoactive herbs. Catholic Popes have been viciously persecuting users of medicinal plants virtually since the formation of the Church.

For much of Europe's history, the Roman Catholic Church was fighting wars of destruction against many "heretical" sects. In many cases, these so-called heretics had rediscovered the herbal sacraments like mushrooms and cannabis, and were ruthlessly exterminated for their use of these powerful plants.

Some of these traditions of using psychoactive plants as sacraments survived for many centuries before finally being violently extinguished. For example, the magic mushroom eating Manicheans survived until the 12th century before finally being slaughtered by Catholic armies.

Most observers agree that the reason the Catholic Church hates psychoactive herbs is that these substances can create a sense of direct spiritual communion with the divine, while Catholic authority is based on the idea that the only way to reach God is with the Pope and priest as mediator.

The Inquisition

The Pope who launched the most vicious of the Catholic Church's many campaigns against herb users was Pope Innocent VIII (1432-1492). In 1484 he issued a papal bull called "Summis desiderantes" which demanded severe punishments for magic and witchcraft, which at the time usually meant the use of medicinal and hallucinogenic herbs. Indeed, the papal bull specifically condemned the use of cannabis in worship instead of wine.

The principles Pope Innocent VIII outlined became the basis for the terrifying and torturous witch-hunters' handbook, the Malleus Maleficarum (1487).

Further, Pope Innocent VIII was a major supporter of the vicious Inquisition, and in 1487 he appointed the infamous and sadistic Spanish friar Torquemada as Grand Inquisitor. Under Torquemada's authority, thousands of traditional female healers, users of forbidden plants, Jews, and other "heretics" were viciously tortured and killed during the "witch-hunts" of the Spanish Inquisition. This reign of terror gripped Europe well into the 17th Century.

Catholic Inquisitors tortured and killed many more in Central and South America, where peyote, ololiuqui and other sacred plants of the Aztec culture were prohibited as "works of the devil."

(Ironically, while the Church was slaughtering cannabis users in Europe, the Spanish conquistadors were busy planting hemp around the New World for use as clothing, rope and sails.)

Mr. P-420, interesting essay. Always in the name of God.. sick fucks.

i believe in god as well, ironically I was baptized Catholic, but don't follow the church at all. I really don't believe in organized religion, just follow what I feel is right and moral.

I love how the vatacian feels that weed is the worst thing ever. No hard or soft drugs. How about hard and soft child rape. has the pope thought about that and all the lives that the catholic church has made much worse with there sexual abuse scandal. Fuck the vaticans stand on weed

Not to mention that alcohol (wine) is used in rituals by catholics, and as we all know, alcohol IS a drug. No such thing as hard and soft drugs? Funny how alcohol doesn't fit your view of a drug, as long as it is convienant for you. Hypocritical, self-righteous bastards. :jerkit:

ScottyBThatIsMe said:
Not to mention that alcohol (wine) is used in rituals by catholics, and as we all know, alcohol IS a drug. No such thing as hard and soft drugs? Funny how alcohol doesn't fit your view of a drug, as long as it is convienant for you. Hypocritical, self-righteous bastards. :jerkit:

AMEN!

Haha

ya'll are damn rude. you think any worlwide religion is going to support tobacco and marijuana? you guys are expecting too much, this is religion, guys. get used to it or dont belive it.

Northern Lights said:
ya'll are damn rude. you think any worlwide religion is going to support tobacco and marijuana? you guys are expecting too much, this is religion, guys. get used to it or dont belive it.
yeah dude ur right. i think people who smoke weed alot (including me) think since its such a natural thing that its everywhere and that alot of people support it, ect. ect. :adore: oh herbal lord show me the way.. :tommy:

Oh, I think it is because Jesus was a big pothead. I firmly believe this and would be willing to testify to it in court or perhaps on camera. I recognised Jesus' one-with-god experience having actually experienced the same. Jesus was no ordinary pothead though (finding god through Ganja is not THAT uncommon) but a special one, he had a prophesy. Well, so do I.

This Jesus was a pothead therory makes a great deal of sense, it is consistant with world history and fully explaines his unsual thinking and behavior. Check out Roger Christie's www.thc-ministry.org for a modern christian ganja church. The Romans, not able to stamp out his cult following, cleverly used his story to dominate the world, or as much of it as they could. The Islamic world had other ideas, not being willing to switch to the poisen of wine, beg forgivness for sins and pay taxes. They'd rather fight for their own religious principals. So, it is no wonder Christian church groups fight Ganja so much; if people can become Jesus-like just by becomming potheads, what do they need organised religion for? Churches loose when pot is used.

All these wars fought over which drug gets you closer to god and whose stories are the 'truth'. Very sad.

When are people going to start getting smarter and just give some space and religious freedom to each other? Now? That would work for me. These crazy Europeans came here with their superior war technologies and stories of a dominating father god. Well, I have other stories. If the pope wants a discusion of comparitive religions, I'm ready. Religions, like people, will ultimately be judged by their behavior. The church should be asking for forgiveness of it's many sins, not denying that they ever occured.

If Jesus was a pothead though you would think that they all would burn, especially if he was a big pothead.

"Hey Jesus whats up?"
"Hey Peter, bring the munchies?"
"Ah shit! I thought we were just gonna eat your flesh dude,"
"Oh yea, your right."
"-but guess what I did bring?"
"What's that?"
"The FISHER OF MEN BONG!"
"RIGHTEOUS! And we can use my blood as the bong water!"
*Peter takes a rip, makes the sign of the cross, and Jesus washes his feet*
"Amen."

The only rude entities I'm aware of are the government and church for taking away the basic right of adults to make decisions about what they want to ingest. You know religion is only a tool used to control the masses through guilt and fear right? You need to do a mushroom trip so you can remember how to think for yourself. Seems like they got you with the Kool-aid.

The only rude entities I'm aware of are the government and church for taking away the basic right of adults to make decisions about what they want to ingest. You know religion is only a tool used to control the masses through guilt and fear right? You need to do a mushroom trip so you can remember how to think for yourself. Seems like they got you with the Kool-aid.
The followers of Jim Jones ended up partaking of the Kool-Aid as one of their religious temple events.

I wonder if the original religious Electric Kool-Aid Acid Tests (Tom Wolfe) and the Merry Pranksters and that colorfully painted school bus (Ken Keasey) was lost on everyone at Jonestown at the moment their sacrament was being taken.

(Another older thread, btw.;))

Back
Top Bottom