The Professor Reviews Purple Chem From Cali Connection

Hey 420. Today we shall be reviewing the Purple Chem from The Cali Connection. She's a cross between 2 pretty heavy hitters, that being the Pre 98 Bubba Kush BX and Chem 91 Clone. I'm just going to say it now. She is fantastic. Right from the start she was a strong seedling then becoming a very good veg plant that was easy to grow. She has an amazing structure with next to no side growth. It's just long colas packed with bud from the bottom to the top making for excellent yields and an a trim come harvest that's as easy as they get. Mine didn't quite get the best of the light and suffered a tiny bit for it though she still had the highest yield out of 9 different strains. I'd say that she'd be great for SOG setups with her growth pattern and medium height but bacause of the small side branching she would probably wouldn't do quite as well in a SCROG. Maybe she would if she received more light though. Her buds are large and although not amazingly dense look impressive and have some nice shades and a healthy frosting. They stink. The smell is amazing. It's got so many layers that it's addictive just opening the jar. Sometimes you get a warm rubber and the chlorine soaked atmosphere of an indoor swimming pool and at other times it's like gas. Then when you think she can't surprise you anymore she smells like lemons. It's a very rude smell indeed and no chance in hell will you get away with this one on the bus without a decent smell proof stash jar. On 2 occasions when I've rolled a joint with it my partner has entered the room looking alarmed claiming that the cat has urinated somewhere. She's appeared horrified after I've explained what it is and that she's about to smoke it. The flavour is intense and not for the lighthearted. In a similar fashion to the smell, her taste is a kaleidoscope of chemical tangs and fruit notes that completely fill your senses. Each toke is a different pleasure both savoury and sweet and at times it fells almost artificial. Like nature couldn't have created this. It feels like smoking the barrel of a gun. As you can probably tell it has a surprisingly creative high with genuine energy felt as you consume each lung full. Shes has a well balanced high starting with happy and uplifting waves with a warmth felt throughout the entire body. As the experience progresses she becomes more debilitating resulting in a munchfest with eyes so heavy and red that you can fell your muscles trying to hold them open. The stone is enjoyable and didn't force me to sleep but instead put me in a lazy and happy place that soothed and allowed my thoughts to become very peaceful and content. Overall I love this strain. She has almost everything with flavour, smell, yield and her easy nature. Time to harvest is just a little longer than average coming in at around 11 weeks and in my opinion my pheno could have probably gone another week or so. It's more than worth it though as she's a powerhouse and a real head turner. Didn't go very purple though. It's ok, I'll let you off....

Back
Top Bottom