Thoughts on new light setup for flowering?

Mmiz8606

420 Member
I'm just looking for a little input here.

This is a indoor setup, (2) 4x8x8 tents, soil, emerald harvest nutrients, dominator xxxl hoods, MH and HPS lights.

I'm currently running a 1000w MH in my veg tent. It's getting close to flower time and I'm a little undecided on how I want to run the lights in my flower tent.

After reading and endless supply of other peoples posts I think I'm going to go with a 1000w HPS running 12/12 with a 1000w MH running 6/18 coming on 3hrs after the HPS comes on and shutting off 3hrs before the HPS turns off. I also have an electric rotating plate (a cheap electric display thing I bought off ebay) for the plant to sit on so that the whole plant spins (slowly) and gets even amounts of both lights. The spinning plate shuts off and turns on with the MH light.

I've always ran MH for veg and HPS for flower. This will be a first with both on flower.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Buy another HPS lamp IMO a better spectrum for flowering. I also would look at getting some t5s to veg.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Is there a benefit to the t5s other than power consumption? And your saying run 2 1k hps and 1 1k mh. Seems like a lot for one tent, not to mention 3 of my hoods wouldn't fit in the tent. I would have to switch to smaller hoods or a bigger tent.

Upgrading to 2 HPS was my first thought but after reading and reading and reading, I started leaning towards a HPS/MH mix. I think I'm going to run it mixed this time regardless just to see first hand how it does. I just didn't know if any had any experience with this type of lighting.

I swear, the more I read on here, the more I question everything I do. Trial and error I guess.

Here is the setup I was talking about earlier on. The rotating stand is one I bought off ebay for christmas trees. It's there, you just can't see it under there.
20160715_194955.jpg

Back
Top Bottom