July 11

20210627_195402.jpg

20210701_190950 (1).jpg

20210704_083922.jpg

20210706_122626.jpg

20210711_183215.jpg
She is absolutely beautiful.
Bill

Funny story. I was trying to take some close up pictures of my first plant. Every time I would try to take a picture the screen would flip to selfie mode. I noticed that a leaf from my plant was touching the phone where you flip the screen. I made a comment to my husband telling him the plant keeps changing my phone over to selfie mode. He thought I was making a joke but it kept happening when I would put the phone into the plant. I told him again that the plant keeps messing with my phone. So, at this point he is thinking I am nuts and looks into the tent wanting to know what I meant. At that moment I try again and this time the plant leaf touches the take picture button and my phone takes a pic. I look at him with that "see I told you" look. Fortunately he saw the plant touch the phone. So I check my phone to see what picture was taken and this picture is what I found. I am guessing my plant didn't like the pictures I was taking and decided she needed to step in and take it herself. lol. It turned out pretty good I think.

I thought about it for a second. How could my plant set off the buttons on my phone? I think it is because of the heat she puts off? You can "see" cannabis plants with infrared. So, she must have enough internal heat to activate the touch screen on my phone? I dunno, but it was kinda cool.

20210711_183657.jpg
Whatever works

progression of my first plant from an above angle.
June 27
July 1
July 4
July 6
July 11

20210627_084057.jpg

20210701_190939.jpg

20210704_083902.jpg

20210706_122614.jpg

20210711_183151 (1).jpg
Excellent progression pics.
If you get a chance can you get a natural light pic.
If you turn off your bloom light and use a flash we can tell better how she looks.
Just don't forget to turn it back on,I've done it too many times.:rofl:
Keep up the good work. :bravo:
Bill

Excellent progression pics.
If you get a chance can you get a natural light pic.
If you turn off your bloom light and use a flash we can tell better how she looks.
Just don't forget to turn it back on,I've done it too many times.:rofl:
Keep up the good work. :bravo:
Bill
Thank you very much. Yes I will take a pic here in a few. And yes, I will not forget to turn the light back on.

Bill284 here are the pics with the grow lights off. And I did remember to turn the light back on. lol.

20210712_160225.jpg

20210712_160233.jpg
They do look a little dark in the second pic.
Have you cut back on the nitrogen?
Bill

yes, I did that on Saturday. I noticed a small change and guessed that their was a nutrient issue. Nice to know I was thinking correct. Thank you for noticing that issue. I know I have a lot to learn and am open to all advice. :thanks:

yes, I did that on Saturday. I noticed a small change and guessed that their was a nutrient issue. Nice to know I was thinking correct. Thank you for noticing that issue. I know I have a lot to learn and am open to all advice. :thanks:
By week 4 of flower I cut nitrogen completely.
Keep up the good work.
Bill

I found this on a blog after your comment on leaf color. I found it interesting and thought this might be helpful to people. This is only a portion of the blog.

We know that the colour and shape of leaves can tell a story. They inform us of a plant's genetics, sugar levels, hydration, nutrient status, and even what kinds of pests have been gnawing away at them.

Interestingly, the colour and shape of cannabis leaves may also inform us of the kinds of cannabinoids they’re producing. It is theorised that lighter shades of green and thinner leaflets point to higher levels of CBD, whereas thicker leaflets and darker shades of green hint at higher levels of THC.

• Research shows leaves can tell us about the chemicals within cannabis​

These findings stem from a research paper[1] published in the journal HortScience. The authors of the paper start out by challenging the idea of “indica” and “sativa” classifications. Although these categories have no basis in science, it turns out it may be possible to judge the chemical composition of a cannabis plant by the way it looks.

The researchers investigated the visual variations among a total of twenty-one different cannabis strains. Overall, they identified and measured thirty variations during the vegetative and flowering stages, and during harvest.

After categorising the plants based on the way they looked, they carried out a chemical analysis to see what cannabinoids each plant was producing. Interestingly, they found a consistent correlation between the way each plant looked and whether they were high in THC, CBD, or contained moderate levels of both cannabinoids.

leaves%20D-01.jpg
Source: HortScience
  • High-CBD plants​

Plants with high levels of CBD displayed shades of light-green and possessed thinner leaflets (the "fingers" of cannabis leaves) and a higher number of primary and secondary serrations (the razor-like shapes on the side of the leaflets). These plants also possessed more dense and resinous trichomes, and an increased resistance to Botrytis cinerea—a fungal plant pathogen.

• Plants with moderate levels of CBD and THC​

Plants that contained moderate levels of both CBD and THC also showed unique colours and shapes. These plants featured deep-green shades and medium-wide leaflets. They possessed more primary and secondary serrations, less dense and resinous trichomes, and less resistance to Botrytis.

• High-THC plants​

Finally, the high-THC plants had leaves with a dark shade of green, wide leaflets, dense and resinous trichomes, and susceptibility to Botrytis.

Based on their findings, the authors concluded that these visual markers can serve as a preliminary means of identifying the difference between chemovars (chemical varieties) before conducting chemical analysis

Back
Top Bottom