Tiny bugs are eating my ladies!

BigTaco

There are tiny bugs eating my my little ones. There are very small about size of 1 or 2 cm. They have black heads and a white worm like body. If knock them off they spin a thread like a spider and hang on to the plant. They are ferocious eaters and very hard to find. What do I do?

Go here: Trouble Shooting with pics

Scroll towards the bottom for pictures of common pests and identify exactly which one you are dealing with. Sounds like Spidermites if it weren't for the description of "worm like bodies". :peace:

I have found that a good remedy against small bugs and pests are spiders. Anytime I would find a small house spider I would capture it and transplant it to a plant that had the pests. Most of the time it seems as though the spiders would stay on the plant until the pests were gone. The only drawback are a few spider webs that I noticed on some branches, but they are easily removed. This seemed to work pretty well for me in the past to help protect my girls as they sit on the deck and soak up the rays of the sun!!
5_26_07_004.jpg

Lady bugs work well too. :grinjoint:

But first you must identify what pest you have and adjust your choice of predator accordingly. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom