Transition period?

Let me throw some common sense and logic at you and this should solve this issue for you and anyone else reading this.

When you set your timers to 12/12 you tell the plants to start making the switch. Does it happen immediately? Of course not... all you have done is signal to the plant that it is time to change processes.
It does take some time to convert from growing new leaves and nodes at the growth tips, and instead grow a flower there. It takes 7 to 10 days to make that conversion, and when it finally happens, suddenly a bunch of new pistils will explode out of the center of the growth tips, and it usually happens overnight. This right here, is finally your first day of flower. Veg has finished upon completion of this transition. If you start your bloom period at this point, you will almost always be in sync with breeder recommendations on flowering length.
bang on the money. this harvest i did just that and got amazing results from the ones i left the full transition before the count started. They were perfect at the breeder days count and far more potent then the ones i took a week earlier to compare. You often get a second flush of pistils too . I used this decades ago then modernised to the flip count way. My harvests always went over by a week or more !!. I shall be sticking to this way now as i love the results .

Back
Top Bottom