Troubleshooting some inward curling leaves?

DLL333

Some of my leaves are starting to curl in on themselves a bit. I was reading up on this symptom and discovered that light distance could cause it. My LEDs were about 12 inches or so from the tips of the top leaves, so I moved them to about 20 inches and turned the light down to 90%. I also repositioned the fan to try and eliminate any hotspots. It's not affecting all the leaves, maybe like 7 or 8, which leads me to think it could be a hotspot issue?

The humidity can fluctuate sometimes, sometimes hitting the 90% area. Usually is stays somewhere inside 60-70%. Temp usually stays in the 70s, but sometimes hits 80 or 81 and can drop into the high 60s at night when the lights are off. I'm wondering if this is enough inconsistency to cause this? I haven't yet starting dosing nutrients, so I know it's not a toxicity. They were transplanted on Halloween. Maybe a reaction to that? Anyone have any thoughts?

Attachments

• 20181104_082244.jpg
    20181104_082244.jpg
    672.5 KB · Views: 95
  • 20181104_082237.jpg
    20181104_082237.jpg
    569.1 KB · Views: 103
They do look a little baked. The light being raised should fix that. I think the term canoeing - something to investigate further if this doesn't resolve.

One tip I see often is to water around the outside of the pots. That causes the roots to go searching for moisture and food.

Ya the light is burning them, raise and it will be OK. Depending how bad the leaves are that's canoeing the edges may dry and die but the rest will be ok.

So, its been 2 days since I raised up the light and turned it down 10% and they actually look significantly better. Way, way less "canoeing", things are straightening out. There was this though. Is this a sign of nutrient deficiency? I haven't starting dosing with any notes yet. Is it time?

Attachments

• 20181105_142845.jpg
    20181105_142845.jpg
    656.7 KB · Views: 89
So, its been 2 days since I raised up the light and turned it down 10% and they actually look significantly better. Way, way less "canoeing", things are straightening out. There was this though. Is this a sign of nutrient deficiency? I haven't starting dosing with any notes yet. Is it time?
What is the strain bc my criticals do that. Could just be a genetics bc like i said both of mine do that

If you wanted to start with 1/4 the recommended dose then yes i'd say you can start.

Back
Top Bottom