Two Tents One Fan

celticseas

I currently have a 4x4x7 and a 3x3x6.5 tent. The 3x3 is venting into the 4x4 and there it's getting picked up by a 440 cfm fan/filter combo and shot out of the tent into the outdoors. It's working okay but I was thinking of installing a 220 cfm duct booster in the line (coming from the 3x3) to improve the draw. My question is, would the added booster be too much for my 440 rated filter? I have a 250w hps in the small tent and a 600w hps in the larger one if this makes a difference.

Thanks,
cs

Heat is the issue here, you may define your decision by having a couple of thermometers hi and low in the main tent, but for me your current system sounds about right.
good luck
"V"

Yeah it seems okay but I don't see much negative pressure from the smaller tent, and I'm thinking about the smell when I start flowering. My temps are good, like 70-75 degrees in both tents.

Will you be flowering in both tents? If so then yes you would want negative pressure on the smaller one as well but if only vegging in the smaller tent it's not that big of an issue as long as there is air exchange in there it should take that little veg smell out of there...But if stealth is neccessity def. be safe then sorry and put that booster in there for neg. pressure...I don't think it would be too much for your inline...IMO

Yes I think I'm going to try and flower two plants in there with the 250w. I have a medical refusal but still I'd rather not alarm the neighbors. They may not understand, so yes better safe than sorry as far as that goes. I guess I'll have to get a regulator as well to control the air flow in case it's too much for the 3x3? The smallest duct booster I can find on ebay is rated at 220w. Thank you for your response :)
cs

Lol yea when I read it I was like refusal?! then hell yea smell is a problem...lol that is funny...but i don't think you would need a regulator really but 220w is almost twice the amount my 6" inline takes...you could just get a 4" inline and have seperate ventilation for that tent or just get the 4 to 6 adapters and use the inline instead of a booster that would def. give neg. pressure...I don't have any experience with the duct boosters...

Back
Top Bottom