USA's First 'Pot Tourism' Firm Touts Colorado Trip

Truth Seeker

Colorado is about to get its first two Marijuana tourism companies. Their mission is to lure out-of-state tourists in to town to take advantage of the state's loose marijuana laws.

According to the Denver Post, two Denver entrepreneurs who've worked in the medical marijuana industry started a company called "My 420 Tours."

For hundreds of dollars, My 420 Tours will pick you up from the airport, bring you to pot events, pot shops and pot friendly restaurants.

Companies setting up shop in Denver plan to build their first promotion around April 20, which is the marijuana holiday known as 4/20.

The problem is the state's pot sales to people with non-medical-marijuana issues don't go in to affect for a few more months.

For the last 50 years, Kenny Pitzer has spent his days along Denver's 16th Street Mall, strumming his guitar, looking for tips. Pitzer relies heavily on tourists to fill his tip jar.

"I've been an advocate for marijuana. It's very useful for creating revenue where there wasn't any and making a city boom and prosper in kind of a weak time," Pitzer said.

Pitzer believes pot tourism agencies will thrive in Denver. He says he hears from tourists all the time how excited they are about pot being legalized in Colorado.

"Now everybody is going to consider this the new Amsterdam," he said.

On the other hand, Warren Erbsen believes pot tourism agencies won't do well in Colorado. Erbsen is a travel agent with Cherry Creek Travel in Denver. He's been in the business for more than 45 years.

"I can't see anyone really making a big market place out of this. I don't think any kind of hotel is going to put on a promotion. You're not going to see a Hilton, or a Sheraton, Radisson signing up to help out," Erbsen said.

If anything, he says, you'll get a few agents dealing primarily with pot tourism. But in the end, he says Amsterdam doesn't even do that.

"It will have a small impact," Erbsen said.

Cannabis_Leafs5.jpg

News Hawk- Truth Seeker 420 MAGAZINE ®
Source: 9news.com
Author: Kevin Torres
Contact: 9NEWS.com | Denver | Colorado's Online News Leader | Contact Us
Website: USA's first 'pot tourism' firm touts Colorado trip | 9news.com

Back
Top Bottom