Ventilation Dilemma

junglebuds

My grow room to be:
14' x 4.5' with 8' ceiling

The Problem:
It is COMPLETELY concrete. All of the walls, floor and ceiling are concrete. I think it was an old boiler room from the 1930's. There is one 4" hole that I can vent out a brick chimney. The door is only 23" x 70" it can be fitted with an air intake but can not have any duct work coming out of it on the outside.

The Good news:
The basement stays below 75 and above 60 always (until I get lights don there). And my weed will always be safe in this bomb-shelter like room...

Is it possible to even vent one 1000W HPS through a 4" hole? And do you think LED's stay cool enough in this enclosed space to not need ventilation? I was going to go with 3 of the 350W NEW - Diamond Series XML - 10W CREE XML - Advanced LED Grow Lights if I cant do three of the 1000W MH/HPS.

Just seeing what you all think... Thanks for the input

Sure, you can use a 4 inch fan on a 6 or 8 inch cool tube or fan. You just need to buy a reducer at Lowes or Home Depot. You may want to up your CFM on your fan .... since reducing the size of the vent will cause some back pressure. But, with a higher CFM it wouldn't be an issue at all.

Back
Top Bottom